Scope of the group
Standing group as part of the Digital Education sub-committee which sits under the Education & Student Life Committee.
"Student engagement will be central to the on-going development of our whole set of offerings and learning practices"
"We aim to create a flexible and open university that encourages and supports collaborative working across boundaries and disciplines"
Thinking Ahead 2016-21
- Set up a Lincoln Digital Hub for sharing, disseminating and collaborating on digital related topics.
- Capture the digital footprint of the University to benefit the entire University community, avoiding silos of activity.
- Set up communities of practice to engage staff and inspire effective digital practice.
- Enable digital collaboration (outside and across the University) to benefit staff and students at Lincoln.
- Enable a wider student digital experience with incentivised contributions on community focussed platform.
Work package proposals
- Redevelop and relaunch the University's blogging platform with the aim of providing knowledge hubs for sharing and disseminating best practice and to support collaboration.
- Develop how to guides to help academics solve teaching problems with digital tools.
- Student Forum / Course Rep Forum – incorporated into the Digital Education Blog Project to encourage students to get involved, share best practice and support activity at local level.
- Integrate digital hubs with collaborative tools and social media.
Key developments and initiatives
- Recruitment of Journalism students to provide content and editorial oversight
- Development of School/Department subject area hubs
- Tie in with Staff and Student News blog redevelopment projects
- Development of academic-focused teaching and learning area
- Possible SLT thought leadership blog
Issues and challenges
- Lack of resource to develop and oversee new platform
- Promotion of new platform to students and academics - need to ensure engagement and regular flow of strong, new content
- Challenge of managing and co-ordinating migration of content from the old to new platform
- Tying together and co-ordinating with other initiatives
- Need to avoid the same issues with the platform arising again
- What to do about the use of the platform for student coursework and assessment?