a woman of substance
Nuccia will always be remembered by family, friends, and community as warm and loving, and someone who always put other people's interest ahead of hers...She thoroughly enjoyed her time with the Temple, especially the relationship she had with the kids and working with Shari, the Rabbi, and the Cantor...While not born of the Jewish faith, it was amazing how much knowledge she picked up about our religion, that I born of Jewish faith would have to go to her and ask her questions about our religion...She will be missed by so many people...Dean Hernan, Nuccia's Beloved Husband
Nuccia was a very dedicated educator. She always worried about overstepping the Religious School. She was an extremely creative teacher. Last year we did an Israeli Program together and she created the Western Wall for the children to learn about how people put their prayers into it. Nuccia always thought about the children and how she could engage them. She was always refining her craft and never settled for the same way twice. She always tried to up the ante and make things already great even greater...Sharon Fricano, Education Director
Nuccia was a friend, a co-worker, and an educator who you could implicitly trust; she always had everyone’s best interests at heart. Always! We met in 1999, when I enrolled Josh in the Temple’s former Nursery School, followed by the enrollment of Zachary and Rachel. Along with all the parents in the Nursery School during those years, I was able to rely on Nuccia’s expertise and nurturing, while my children developed their social skills and prepared for kindergarten. Through the years that followed, it was an absolute pleasure to work with Nuccia on the Early Childhood Programs; which were largely successful due to her insight, vision, and passion for Judaism; not to mention her creativity, talents, and organizational skills. The Rotstein Home is adorned with many of the wonderful things my children created under her guidance. My dear friend will truly be missed; our journey together was amazing; she will forever be in my heart...Shari Rotstein, Friend & Colleague
Education Director - Sharon Fricano
The Lesson of Purim - People should be able to live as they wish…as long as they don’t hurt anybody...Scholastic, PJ Library
- February was a brief yet action-packed month! Our Grades 2/3 students did a fabulous job leading us in prayer and demonstrating the meaning of the Ten Commandments! This was followed by our Scholar in Residence, Sam Drazin teaching us about inclusion, empathy, and understanding for people who may be different from us.
- Please join us on March13th for our Family Shabbat Dinner and K/1 Grade Service to be led by the following students: Owen Baker, Bailey Faulkner, Brandon DeZorett, Spencer Stern, Matthew Golbig, Leo Levitan, and Zachary Strobel.
- We will also celebrate Purim and Esther in March – Sunday, March 8th will be a busy day, starting with our Joint Family Program with Temple Judea, followed by our Purim Carnival, to be held in the Ballroom of Temple from 10:30am – 12:30pm. As part of the Family Program we will be making Blessing Bags filled with toiletries and other items for the homeless.
- We invite everyone to join us for our Annual Purim Sphiel, which will be again held at Temple Judea on Monday, March 9th at 7:00pm. Temple Judea is located at 333 Searington Road in Manhasset.
- March Events: March 1st - Religious School Committee Meeting • March 7th - Junior Congregation • March 8th - Family Program and Purim Carnival • March 9th - Purim Sphiel at Temple Judea • March 13th - Family Shabbat Dinner and K/1 Grade Service • March 21th - Dessert Seder Havdalah/Teen Program • March 29th - Parent Workshop (Passover recipes)/Mitzvah Choir/Chai School
Live with Courage!
look at those punims!
Created with images by FotoRieth - "challah shabbat challah board" • Marek Studzinski - "chalices, communion cup, white, silver, flag, table, david, star, Eucharist, magen David, Shield of David, Star of David, horizontal, blue, white, Stripes, white field, daylight, light, true light, day, window, table, Eucharist, supper, communion, Jesus, was, Jew, Jewish, reflection, mirroring" • Kym MacKinnon - "Follow me on instagram www.instagram.com/vixenly" • James Lee - "Olives" • Sandrachile . - "Just a floral bouquet in front of a white wall." • exoteric - "sundial clock old"