Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Sept. 12th - Day 1
- Grades K-12: NHS School Supply Drive Begins
- MS Soccer vs. Barrack Hebrew Acad. 3:45 pm @ United Sports
- MS Volleyball vs. Faith Christian 3:45 pm @ Faith Christian
Tuesday, Sept. 13th - Day 2
- Varsity Cross Country vs. George School 3:30 pm @ George School
- MS Cross Country vs. Kimberton 3:45 pm @ Kimberton Waldorf School
- Varsity Soccer vs. Kimberton 3:45 pm @ Kimberton Waldorf School
- DCCC Dual Enrollment Information Night for HS Parents/Guardians, Seniors, and Juniors 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm @ 535 Library
Wednesday, Sept. 14th - Day 3
- MS Soccer vs. West-Mont Christian 3:45 pm @ West-Mont Christian Academy
- Volleyball vs. OJR 3:45 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Thursday, Sept. 15th - Day 4
- Varsity Soccer vs. Renaissance Academy 3:45 pm @ United Sports
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
- Board of Trustees Regular Public Meeting 7:00 pm
Friday, Sept. 16th - Day 5
- Early Dismissal for Students (Grades 7-12: 11:30am and Grades K-6: 12:15pm)
- Grades K-12: Cougar Pride Day - Wear Your Cougar Gear with Uniform Bottoms or Jeans
- KidStuff Book Sale Ends (Proceeds Benefit the CCSHSA)
- Varsity Soccer vs. Friends Select 3:45 pm @ Friends Select
- Volleyball vs. Phoenixville 3:45 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Saturday, Sept. 17th
- Basketball Skills Clinic (Grades 3rd-5th) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- CCSHSA Volunteer Day: Collect and Process KidStuff Fundraiser Materials 10:00 am - 2:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
Basketball Skills Clinic
Our Boys' Basketball team is hosting a Basketball Skills Clinic for students in grades 3-8. The clinic for students in grades 3-5 will be held on Saturday, September 17th and the clinic for students in grades 6-8 will be held on Saturday, September 24th.
2016-2017 Curriculum Changes and Enhancements
A few weeks ago, our Curriculum Update was shared and highlighted key changes and enhancements for the 2016-2017 school year. Now that the first few weeks of school are behind us and Back to School Nights are over, stay up-to-date with our Curriculum & Assessment Department by taking another look at their Curriculum Update presentation.
PSSA Score Reports
2015-2016 PSSA Score Reports for students in grades 4th-9th have arrived! Reports will be sent home with students via backpacks during the week of September 12th.
Cougar Pride Day
On the 3rd Friday of each month, CCS students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing Cougar Gear. What’s Cougar Gear? Cougar Gear includes CCS T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. with our logo, usually from a CCS team, club, event, or fundraiser.
Our first Cougar Pride Day is Friday, September 16th. Students are encouraged to wear Cougar Gear T-shirts with uniform bottoms or jeans.
Registration Deadline Extended
The registration deadline for the 2016 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT) has been extended until Friday, September 16, 2016.
Collegium is offering the PSAT to Sophomores free-of-charge, because it is critical in fostering the college-bound mindset and a prerequisite for taking AP classes. Freshman and Juniors may take the test for a $25.00 fee and registration information has been shared with students.
The PSAT will be administered during the school day on Wednesday, October 19th. Please contact one of our High School Guidance Counselors, Mrs. Wolfe or Ms. Genzano, with questions or for more information.
Upcoming College Fair
On Friday, September 16th, CCS will host a college fair. Students in grades 9th-12th will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from colleges and universities, as well as participate in college-centered workshops.
Parents/guardians, we need your help! Talk with your children about this great opportunity. Encourage them to engage the representatives in conversations and gather as much information as possible. If your children are in grades 11th and 12th, you are invited to also attend the college fair with your CCS student. Please take a minute to RSVP for the event.
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Jace Leithead
- Aubriyana Moore
- Holden Barrett
- Siddhanth Satturu
- Antoine "AJ" Jacobs
- Heidi Potts
- Charles Inga
- Faith Garrett
- Ms. C. O'Malley's Homeroom
- Carmine Cotto
- Naomi Wright
- Emma Keen
- Nelson "LJ" Haight
- Joseph Moorhead
- Jacqueline Weer
NHS School Supply Drive
Our National Honor Society (NHS) is hosting a Back to School Supply Drive from September 12th-23rd. NHS will accept new school supplies to be donated to the Community Youth and Women's Alliance (CYWA) in Coatesville.
Soccer Intramurals Registration
Soccer intramurals for students in grades 2nd-6th begin in October. To register, complete and return the registration form with payment by Wednesday, September 21, 2016. Participant rosters will be posted on the CCS Athletics webpage on September 30, 2016. Family-specific notifications regarding student participation will not be issued.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email Mr. Handley.
Uniform Resale Shop
Our Uniform Resale Shop is located in the 500 Building and is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm, and 4:00pm-6:00pm. You can pick up gently used uniform pieces for greatly reduced prices. Every dollar given to the Uniform Resale Shop goes directly to our Uniform Scholarship Program! The Uniform Resale Shop is in need of your gently used uniforms. Please remember - no stains, excessive fading, or holes.
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
School Stores: Open each Wednesday in the morning and during lunchtime. We appreciate everyone already registered to volunteer to make our stores a success. Please sign-up to volunteer (clearances are required).
Uniform Resale Shop: If you are interested in helping to sort, organize, and shelve donations, please sign up below (clearances are required).
KidStuff Books: On September 17th, we will need volunteers to help collect books, verify orders, and package unsold books for return. Please sign-up below.
Campus Main Office Extensions
- 468/486 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6401
- 150 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6811
- 500 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6106
- 515 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6336 (Please update your records as the extension changed during the 2015-2016 school year.)
- 535 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6602