Kindly share this email with graduate students and post doctoral fellows on your campus.
The Leadership Alliance Executive Office is pleased to announce the 4th annual Biomedical Career Development Workshop at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium [LANS]. The goal of the workshop is to increase the readiness and competitiveness of underrepresented scholars as they train for and enter careers in academia and the broader biomedical research workforce by assisting graduate students* and postdocs* in setting career development priorities. This workshop will provide our attendees with resources and strategies for navigating key transitions along the myriad academic or professional career paths they may take. We expect to have around 45 participants in attendance, 15 of whom will be other professionals who are serving as speakers and workshop mentors.
* Important Message: Per the Federal funding guidelines, you must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status in order to attend.
Graduate students who have advanced to candidacy and advanced postdoc researchers looking to enter the job market in the next year.
Hartford Marriott Downtown, 200 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT 06103
July 24-25, 2019
This is an opportunity for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to:
- Network with high-profile speakers from a number of diverse biomedical careers
- Learn about and review results of your Individual Development Plan
- Review your CV and resume
- Gain tools to make informed decisions about their next career step
The workshop is limited to 30 participants, so sign up as soon as possible.
A website has been created to provide updates and more detailed information. Should you require additional information you may contact Maria DoVale by email at Maria_DoVale@brown.edu or phone at 401-863-1650.