TSD is aware of issues that some students are having trouble when logging into Schoology from home, and are working on a solution. A temporary solution is to open Safari and log in to troyschools.schoology.com. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Koneval or Mr. Eve.
Troy Public Library E-Cards
SEPTEMBER IS LIBRARY CARD SIGN-UP MONTH! We are encouraging ALL Troy School District parents/guardians to sign students up for a FREE electronic library card through a partnership with Troy Public Library.
The e-card gives students access to free homework help, research assistance, and free e-books and audio books using the OverDrive app. Any student previously signed up and all NEW sign-ups during the month of September will be entered into a weekly drawing for a Barnes and Noble giftcard. We will draw names and notify winners for 4 weeks, starting September 22nd.
Want help signing up? See this flier from Mrs. Chatel. Please email her at email@example.com with questions.
PTO - Box Tops
Smith Middle School is collecting Box Tops again this school year! Please begin collecting them and turn them in at the Smith front office. We will have a contest from now until Monday, October 23 – for every 10 Box Tops that you bring in, you will be entered into a raffle for a $10 Dairy Queen gift card. Please write your name and grade on the envelope with your Box Tops. (If you write your name on a plastic baggie it may smudge, and we want you to get credit). Please contact Cari Coffer, Box Top Representative for Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
Troy Tech Talks
Destination Imagination Kick-Off
TFEE Pistons Fundraiser
Hiring Health Care Aides
HELP WANTED---The Troy School District Special Education Department, contracted through PESG, is looking for compassionate individuals who would like to work with our special needs students in a school setting, providing assistance in classrooms and other school settings including implementation of behavior management strategies.
Work Year, Hours & Compensation: $12.80 per hour, 6.5 hours per day, school days only
A Health Care Aide’s job functions include:
• Working with students who require one-to-one attention and supervision
• Recognize the importance of fostering the independence of the student
• Provide the necessary support to ensure the health and safety of the student
• Duties will take place in programs for students with cognitive impairments and/or autism
• Represent the District and PESG in a professional manner by performing all job functions at a satisfactory or above level
• Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents, and the community in positive, supportive, and cooperative ways
• Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested, consistent with reasonable expectations with the contracted position
For additional information, or to apply, please Click here.
New Tutoring Begins 10/9
All Oakland County parents are invited to attend the free workshop at Oakland Schools on Saturday, October 14, entitled Reading and Writing: "What's Home Got to Do with It?" More information can be found here.
Weekly Schedule for 10/2/17