Hello! My name is Mrs. Draughon. I am going to be your kindergarten teacher at Bay Vista! I am so excited to meet you. Our new class will have 18 new friends and together we will all be part of our school family! We will learn so many new things and also have a lot of fun! This year, we will learn how to read and write some awesome stories. Try to remember all the fun things you do over the summer so you can draw and write stories about all your adventures!
This summer I am going to travel with my husband to many new cities. We will visit Niagara Falls, Toronto and Asheville. I am excited to see the beautiful waterfall and do lots of hiking. I also am looking forward to visiting the beach, theme parks and relaxing with my sweet dog Nora. I can’t wait to hear about your summer.
Some of my favorite things to do are cook, read and exercise! I especially like to read at the beach and exercise outdoors! My favorite color is green and I love coffee! I also have blonde hair and brown eyes.
I hope that you have a great summer, but don’t forget to read and practice writing your name, letters, and numbers too! I will be doing lots of reading this summer too! I love picture books and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is my favorite one! We will have so many books in our new classroom! I can’t wait for you to read them all!
Welcome to our school family. I can’t wait to meet you! Mrs. Draughon
Welcome to Bay Vista Fundamental! I am so excited to be your child’s kindergarten teacher. This year will be filled with learning and fun for all of us! Kindergarten is a huge year for growing up. Students will learn and grow so much! They will be reading books and writing stories by this time next year! I love working with kids and helping them find a love for learning. Kindergarten is my absolute favorite grade to teach!
You and your child can come to meet me at “Meet the Teacher” on Monday, August 12th from 9:30-10:00 a.m. This helps calm first day fears. On the back of this page is the list of supplies your child will need for school and home. You may bring the supplies to school on “Meet the Teacher” night.
Our school collects Campbell Soup labels and Box Tops for Education. Please start saving these over the summer. I have a collection envelope in the class. The first day of school will be Wednesday , August 14th. I look forward to meeting you soon!
Sincerely, Mrs. Lina Draughon
*Suggested School Supplies for Mrs. Draughon*
Please have your child’s name on supplies.
- Sturdy backpack with name on it (no wheels!)
- 1-pencil zipper pouch (no hard boxes)
- 1-pack of pencils (for class use throughout the year)
- 1 three ring binder (1 inch with clear view pocket; any color)
- 1-box of Crayola erasable colored pencils
- 1 box Crayola Crayons-(8 count)
- 1 spiral wide ruled notebook
- 4-large glue sticks
- 2-old sock & whiteboard marker(s) (dry erase/expo)
- 1-set of headphones (your choice in Ziploc bag with name)
- bath size towel (towel only…no pillows)
- 2-3 prong, 2 pocket folders (1 orange and 1 your choice)
- Change of clothes to keep in cubby (for spills or accident)
**At Home Supplies (needed for homework)**
**Wish List** (Any donations are greatly appreciated!)
- reams of white copy paper, colorful, bright copy paper
- Ziploc bags (any size)
- Clorox wipes
- date stampers
- hand sanitizer
- dry erase markers
- scotch thermal lamination sheets
- liquid hand soap
- writing center supplies (envelopes, washable markers, fancy paper)
Created with images by Ramakant Sharda - "untitled image" • Park Troopers - "untitled image" • John-Mark Smith - "untitled image" • Tim Arterbury - "untitled image"