Enjoy the finest Oysters on the Danube!
Casting off in enchanting Passau and taking in Regensburg, Linz, Vienna, Bratislava and the delightful UNESCO World Heritage city of Budapest, this is a one-off opportunity to combine superb scenery, fascinating city sights and memorable cultural experiences with luxurious accommodation, gourmet food, free-flowing quality wines and fabulous after dinner entertainment from folk rock legends Oysterband.
Oysterband make a modern, folk-based music, acoustic at heart, sometimes intense, sometimes rocking. Since their early days in the late 70s they have experimented with radical arrangements of traditional songs, determined that ‘traditional music should not be just a branch of the heritage industry.’ They've toured in 35 countries, performed at festivals, concerts, bars, rallies and even in jails!
The Oysterband have won 5 BBC Folk Awards and made 13 studio albums, a DVD, and they are still full of ideas. After many incarnations, the current line-up is arguably the strongest ever with founder members John Jones (vocal, melodeon), Alan Prosser (guitars, vocal), and Ian Telfer (violin, keyboard, vocal) with Dil Davies (drums), Al Scott (bass guitar, mandolin, vocal), and Adrian Oxaal (cello, guitar, vocal).
Passau - Budapest
09 July - 16 July 2022
Prices from £1599pp sharing
7 nights full board including 'with meals' drinks package
The Harmony Voyages experience....
Prepare to be spoiled .... Our goal is to ensure that you enjoy an unforgettable and stress-free stay with our partners Amadeus River Cruises and enjoy 7 nights of luxury accommodation, first class food and top class entertainment in a comfortable, relaxed environment.
A floating luxury boutique hotel that leaves no wish unfulfilled; wide panoramic windows, spacious magnificence and timeless elegance, coupled with excellent hospitality. Allow yourself to be looked after by attentive staff who will endeavour to serve you with whatever you require.
Aboard Amadeus Cara you will find that hospitality is more than just a tradition, it is a passion – a passion you will experience in every detail, from beautifully-appointed surroundings and gourmet dining selections to the enthusiastic professionalism of those taking care of you. With a staff and crew trained to the highest standards of service, the ambience onboard is friendly, welcoming and relaxed, perfectly designed to make you feel right at home in the heart of Europe.
Just breathe deeply, enjoy, discover. Experience a new sensation every day as you relax. Learn about foreign cultures and make new friendships, sit back and admire the fabulous panorama as you float past. And with all this rich variety one thing remains the same, the warm welcome you will receive from the AMADEUS family the moment you step on board.
The Finest Way to Travel
City, countryside, river and so much more! Enter a world of wonderful contrasts, of bustling cities that turn into dreamy, romantic villages and cultural landmarks that make way for impressive natural wonders.
Exploring on Land
A river cruise offers you what is probably the most comfortable way to discover new countries, cultures and people and with an optional shore excursion in every port of call, you'll be spoilt for choice. You can, for example, immerse yourself in the stunning scenery of the Wachau Valley or visit the vibrant cities of Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna. Whatever you decide, all the excursions are unique and are sure to be unforgettable! Or simply enjoy your time relaxing on board instead.
Cultural & Culinary Delights
On an Amadeus river cruise your taste buds go on a voyage of discovery too, ensuring you enjoy the region’s culinary treats as well as its scenic treasures.
Get the day off to a good start by tackling the magnificent breakfast buffet in the elegant Panorama Restaurant. For lunch there is the choice between varied menus and buffet specialities in the restaurant. In the afternoon experienced patissiers produce exquisite desserts each day and spoil you with lovingly prepared cakes and pastries to go with your tea or coffee. Carefully composed evening 5-course menus provide the taste buds with all sort of surprises, serving regional specialities of the areas visited.
Specific dietary requirements always catered for
Full detailed itinerary available on the Harmony Voyages website
Oysterband will perform 3 concerts on board during the week, in the lounge after dinner.
- 09 July DAY 1 - Embarkation in Passau
- This afternoon, embark Amadeus Cara and get settled into your cabin. During the evening, enjoy a welcome cocktail, followed by a specially-prepared welcome dinner.
- Afterwards enjoy meeting your fellow sailors in the lounge.
- 10 July DAY 2 - Regensburg
- This UNESCO site boasts architecture from many centuries, reflective of its varied history throughout the centuries.
- 11 Jul DAY 3 - Passau - Linz
- After a day exploring, back on board for delicious meal and entertainment in the lounge.
- 12 Jul DAY 4 - Melk - Emmersdorf - Vienna
- This morning presents an opportunity to visit the famous Benedictine Abbey of Melk which stands impressively over the Danube.
- 13 Jul DAY 5 - Vienna
- There is much to see in Vienna: its Imperial palaces, Museums Quarter with historic and contemporary buildings displaying works by Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt and other artists. The impressive buildings along the Ringstrasse, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and the famous Vienna State Opera among many others.
- 14 Jul DAY 6 - Vienna - Bratislava
- During the night, we will travel downriver towards Bratislava, arriving in the Slovakian capital at breakfast time.
- 15 Jul DAY 7 - Esztergom - Budapest
- Relax onboard as we make our way to Budapest, Hungary
- 16 Jul Day 8 - Budapest
- After breakfast we bid you farewell and a safe onward journey
Early booking prices valid until 30 September 2021
Prices are per person in Pounds Sterling based on double occupancy unless stated
- Suite - Walk out exterior balcony Mozart Deck 284sqft - £2899pp
- Cat A1 - Drop down panoramic window Mozart Deck 188sqft - £2499pp
- Cat B1 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188 sq.ft - £2299pp
- Cat B4 - Drop down panoramic window Strauss Deck 188sq.ft - £1999pp
- Cat C1 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172 sq.ft - £1699pp
- Cat C4 - Fixed panoramic window Haydn Deck 172sq.ft - £1599pp
- Single Occupancy B1 - Strauss Deck - £2199
- Single Occupancy C1 - Haydn Deck - £1699
- Please contact us if you are interested in sharing with another solo traveller
£200pp deposit required to secure your place
- Large, outside river-view staterooms, most with French balconies (wall to wall drop down window) or walk-out balconies.
- Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board.
- Gourmet dining every night.
- Services of an experienced English-speaking onboard Cruise Director. Plus the services of the Harmony Voyages team
- 24 hour coffee station.
- 5 nights of programmed entertainment (First and last night will be impromptu). Support artists to be confirmed.
- Bottled water in every stateroom.
- In-stateroom infotainment centre.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard.
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles.
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for optional excursions.
- All local taxes & port charges.
- Optional Excursion Package available (please ask for details).
- Airport transfer to/from ship on 16.07.21 & 23.07.21
- Financially protected for your peace of mind ABTA P7419
Flights to Munich returning from Budapest are not included. This gives you the flexibility to travel pre/post cruise if you wish and from the airport of your choice. We are happy to assist with pre/post cruise stays.
Don't miss this unique opportunity for a maximum of 150 fans to share a wonderful experience and generate some magical memories.
Dress code throughout will be smart casual - no formal nights.
EMAIL or CALL FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 1254 476075