Animal not being saved: The Flamingo is the animal that should not be saved.
Reason why (constraints): The Flamingos are stable and the rest of the animal we were assigned are endangered, so we knew that we were definitely not saving the Flamingos. The Flamingos have no immediate threat of becoming even remotely endangered and their numbers are plentiful both in captivity and in the wild.
They are important to their habitat and the species all around them.
"Orangutans are the largest arboreal (tree dwelling) animals."
1. Analysis of evidence A: They eat fruit and disperse seeds which are behaviors that are of ecological significance. Which help shape and preserve the tropical rain forests.
"Orangutans are a keystone species."
1. Analysis of evidence A: As Orangutans disappear then thousands of other animals and plant species in fragile tropical rain forest habitats start to disappear too.
2. Analysis of evidence B: Therefore, by saving Orangutans and their habitats, you save the other species that live with them.
Conclusion:Therefore, we need orangutans in order for the species that co-exist with the orangutans to survive.
Additional biological, medical, social, etc., appeals
Orangutans are very similar to humans genetically and Zoos will benefit from the conservation of the Orangutans as well.
B. Evidence #1:
Orangutans are the closest living relatives to the humans, not chimpanzees.
1. Analysis of evidence A: Seeing as the Orangutans share common ancestors with us humans we can look back through time and see how evolution separated out species.
2. Analysis of evidence B: They can help advance medical studies concerning monkeys and humans.
C. Evidence #2:
Orangutans are good for Zoo profits.
1. Analysis of Evidence A: Orangutans are a very beautiful creature and attract masses of tourists at Zoos.
2. Analysis of Evidence B: From the great attraction of Orangutans to Zoos, the ticket sales for all of the people you come see them will increase the profits of Zoos.
With the help of Orangutans, medical advances and zoo projects will advance and increase if Orangutans are conserved.
Cost to conserve/resources required by the species