Meet and Greet and Supply Drop Off
- Meet and Greet will be a drive-through opportunity to meet the teacher and drop off school supplies. Dates, times, and location TBA.
- Back-to-School Packets, Dismissal tags, and car tags will be available during the Meet & Greet and Supply Drop Off.
- Student DCPS masks will be given out at this time to ensure students have masks on arrival of first day of school.
- There will be a time designated for Duval Homeroom Families to pick up their materials and meet their teachers during this drive through Meet and Greet.
- Orientation will be virtual. Date and time TBA.
Teachers will email classroom assignments. Please make sure FOCUS has your updated address, phone, and email. You can email Mrs. James at email@example.com or Mrs. Kogge at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make changes.
- All requested documents for new students can be mailed to Mrs. Judi at email@example.com.
- Back to School Packets can be returned to school with your child or emailed to your child's teacher.
- Extended Day registration is online this year. This is a two-step enrollment process. The first step will be to apply. An online application does not mean you have a spot. You are officially registered when a director reaches out to you and you complete step 2 of the payment process. Please follow the steps for enrollment per the district website and wait for a director to call you. Please note that the system generates the list for the school and the Administration/Extended Day directors must go by the order of the the list. Once a grade level is full, we will be unable to add additional seats due to Covid 19 guidelines.
- You can apply at www.duvalschools.org/extendedday
First Day of School Drop Off (Kindergarten ONLY!)
- Kindergarten parents will be permitted to drop off Kindergarten students at their exterior classroom door on the first day of school. If you wish to do this, we ask that you arrive between 8:40-9:00. Please park in the back parking lot and enter in the rear entrance. Please have your mask on and walk to the exterior door of your Kindergarten classroom. Please practice social distancing at all times and do not linger. Staff will be outside of building to take student temperatures prior to them entering the classroom. Parents are not permitted to enter the classroom. This will only be allowed for the first day of school and is only for Kindergarten students.
Extended Day 7:00 am-8:00 am
- Students arriving for Extended Day will have their temperatures checked by school personnel daily. Only students who pass screenings will be permitted into the building through the front door of the school. Parents must wait for the temperature check prior to drop off.
- Students who have a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted in the building.
School Arrival 8:00 AM-8:25 AM
- Please do not bring your student to school before 8:00 am, as there is no supervision.
- All students will be greeted and will have their temperatures checked when they arrive to school. Only those students who pass the screening will be admitted to class.
- Students who do not pass the screening will be escorted to a designated area in the Main Office to contact parents.
- Parents may not walk their students into the building. If parents choose to walk with their student to the entrance of the building, social distancing will be expected at all times.
- All students will be asked to sit outside of their classroom in the hallways with facial coverings.
- Students who arrive late must enter at the front door for a temperature check. Parents must wait for the temperature check prior to drop off.
- Parents can drive through the car line. Temperature checks will be taken prior to the student getting out of the car.
- Students will be greeted at the back of the school. All bus riders will have their temp taken as they exit the bus.
Walkers and Bike Riders
- Students will be greeted at the entrances. Temperature checks will be taken.
- If parents/guardians wish to check-out their students early, they will buzz the front office to request your students. A staff member will check the ID of the parent/guardian and sign out the student for documentation. The student will be called to the front with their belongings, then escorted to the parent.
- No early checks out after 2:30 on regular school days.
- No early check outs after 12:30 on Early Release days.
- Classroom teachers will be responsible for supervising their students in the room while other personnel will supervise students in assigned dismissal areas and hallways.
- All students will have dismissal tags to identify their dismissal method. When dismissed, all students are expected to wear a mask and follow directional signage to their areas.
- All cars must have a school-issued car tag with student names/number to ensure the process is safe and as efficient as possible. Car tags will be available at the drive-through Meet & Greet.
- Faculty members will use radios to call for students in the order in which their parents are in line.
- Students will remain in their classroom until their number is called. They will need to wear their mask as they walk through the building to the car rider area.
- Faculty members will use radios to call for students by their bus numbers.
- Students will remain in their classroom until their bus number is called.
- Socially distanced and with a face covering, students will be accounted for before entering the bus.
Walkers and Bike Riders
- Students will remain in their classroom and be dismissed at designated times. They will need to wear their masks as they walk through the building to their walkers' exit.
Park and Pick Up
- Faculty members will use radios to call for students as parents come to the side door.
- Parents will stay socially distanced as they wait for their students.
- Students will remain in their classroom until they are called. They will need to wear their mask as they walk through the building to the Park and Pick Up exit.
- Students will remain in their classroom until 3:10. At that time, students will be escorted to the cafeteria for extended day.
- They will need to wear their mask as they are taken to the cafeteria.
Face Covering Expectations
- Students will be asked to wear face coverings when they are:
- Boarding/riding/departing the bus
- Entering the building
- Walking in common areas
- In the classroom when they cannot socially distance (small groups, carpet, centers, etc.) (face shields for K-2nd students only)
- In the cafeteria line
- Being dismissed
- Face shields (K-2nd) and cloth masks (3rd-5th) will be provided for students. We recommend purchasing at least 3-5 extra masks. Please write your child’s name on the back of the mask.
Department of HEalth Guidelines:
- The district is still working with the Department of Health for a list of guidelines in regard to students or staff testing positive for the virus. At this time, schools have been advised that they will report any positive cases to the district and department of health. At that time, the department of health will conduct a contact tracing investigation and provide the school with next steps. We will communicate any and all guidelines we receive from Department of Health as soon as we have them.
Prescription Medication Drop-Off:
- Parents can contact the school for an appointment to drop-off prescription medication. It is important to bring all required documentation with you.
- Free breakfast will be offered in the classrooms each morning.
- Students will wash/sanitize their hands before and after breakfast.
- Students will wash/sanitize their hands before and after lunch.
- Each grade level will begin moving through the cafeteria at staggered times, to alleviate overcrowding and to allow for social distancing (Lunch will start at 10:25 and end at 2:05 - 28 staggered lunches with 5 minutes between each one. Lunch will backup thirty minutes on Early Dismissal days).
- Students will wear their masks to the cafeteria.
- Students will sit 6 feet apart from each other in the cafeteria. (Up to 100 students sitting for lunch at one time).
- Duval Homeroom students can come to the school to purchase a lunch between 9:30-10:30. These lunches will be served at the exterior door of the auditorium.
- All water fountains will be taped off and not in use this year.
- We recommend every student bring a personal water bottle daily.
- All students will remain in their homeroom class for the majority of the school day. Instruction may be provided outside as deemed appropriate.
- Departmentalized grade levels will switch teachers (not the students) at the assigned time.
- Signage will assist students with traveling appropriately throughout hallways and common areas.
- All students will enjoy at least 20 minutes of recess daily.
- Students will transition from their classroom and be escorted to the assigned playground at a scheduled time.
- Students are expected to remain in their assigned area and maintain an appropriate distance from other students.
- Students will NOT be asked to wear face coverings while outside.
- The number of classes on the playground at one time will be limited.
- CSS, K-2, and 3-5 have separate playgrounds.
- Students will sanitize prior to play and after playground time.
- Art, music, and media teachers will travel into the classrooms for resource. Instruction may be provided outside as deemed appropriate.
- Physical Education will be outside, weather permitting.
- Students will sanitize hands before and after resource.
- Field trips are suspended until further notice.
Created with images by Jeremy Bishop - "untitled image" • Francesco Ungaro - "Coral reef" • David Clode - "A gorgeous surgeon fish or tang swims past at the Cairns aquarium." • David Clode - "A beautiful seahorse at the Cairns aquarium." • zhengtao tang - "my pet." • Q.U.I - "Coral" • Rachel Hisko - "Nemo" • Rudney Uezu - "untitled image"