• A youth pastor is often required to lead and outreach to a teenage demographic, for the purpose of leading a young generation to Christ. A youth pastor must be a good communicator and must know how to speak to a younger group of people.
• To become a youth pastor, you may need to complete an internship and usually it is asked that you have a bachelor’s degree, but not always. Some churches request that you have attended a seminary college.
• Jobs to become a youth minister are found at churches, there can only be one youth pastor at the church, however.
• The projected job growth (2014-2024) is 6% for clergy, 4% for directors, religious activities and education.
• The average annual salary for a youth pastor is $44,250/year.
Related Occupations: • Head Pastor • Kid’s Pastor • Youth Director