Nearly three years ago, sisters Olivia Ellis and Alysha Ellis noticed that there wasn't many places women could come together and truly feel welcomed just the way they are. They knew of networking, social, and mother groups, but many of the groups lacked diversity in ethnicity, age, and economic status. So, Olivia and Alysha decided to open up their home to invite friends, family, and co-workers with the intent to focus on providing a safe place for women from all aspects of life to come and feel welcomed.
Organically, it led to a women's empowerment group. Conversations expanded from motherhood, lack of equitable opportunities, frustration with family trauma and much more. As conversations grew, the women wanted to become more engaged in surrounding neighborhoods, develop workshops and events, and volunteer at local charitable organizations. They developed an Advisory Committee who truly showed leadership skills and commitment to the overall vision the group wanted to move into. From their they developed Fierce Women Onboard (FWO) a women's empowerment group aimed to cultivate a community of women that support, empower, and uplift one another.
- Signature Events & Engagement:
- Annual Anniversary Celebration takes place in the Fall and features local entrepreneurial women in Northeast, Ohio, promotes vendors, and creates a space for women to intentionally connect with each other.
- #SHAREYOURSTORY a platform for women to share and learn each other's inspirational stories. This series takes place quarterly by spotlighting mid to senior-level women impact and leadership.
- Fireside Chats an intimate space created for transparent, diverse, and informative dialogue. This series covers relevant topics and issues we desperately need to talk about as women, leaders. and activists.
- Ladies Day/Night Out doesn't have a focus, no agenda, no content just FUN! If you're looking to disconnect, enjoy good company and laugh, then this is the perfect event for you.
- Volunteer opportunities multiple times a year!