1. Davy Crockett was a famous frontiersman who came to Texas.
2. José de Urrea was a Mexican general that led his troops to Goliad.
3. James "Jim" Bowie was a man Sam Houston sent to see the damage the Mexican troops had brought.
4. William B. Travis was a colonel that went to fight with his troops at San Antonio.
5. James Bonham was the leader of a volunteer force from Alabama.
6. Casualties are those killed, wounded, captured, or missing during battle.
7. Susanna Dickinson was the wife of Almaron Dickinson who was one of the few Texans who survived.
8. Noncombatants are people not involved in fighting.
9. General Santa Anna thought that the fall of the Alamo would cause the Texans to stop fighting.
10. "Remember the Alamo" became a rallying cry for the Texan army.