OSOTA >> ORIGINAL IDEAS
EVERYDAY IS UNIQUE...
...so be on the look out for HOW this year.
No school is perfect. It's not always going to be fun. We hear you! But, each week, your teachers work hard to provide engaging lessons that keep you at the forefront. No one wants to be bored, but boredom is all a matter of PARTICIPATION, right?
The bottom line is this: if your outlook on school is dim and negative, each day will be dim and negative. BUT!!!! You are the special ingredient to a great day, even a great week of school. Whether you're new or returning to One School, try not to cloud someone else's view. Just go with, and see the difference.
Read This Helpful Article
HOW? CHANGE IT UP
- Be on the look out for happy feelings everyday. Notice when you smile about something.
- Be the first person to say that classroom lesson was actually epic! It's possible.
- Tell your teacher when you connected with an assignment. It helps everyone!
- Talk about how challenges in the classroom are a good thing. Better than lectures, for sure.
- Encourage your peer group to lead discussions, and present ideas. Be proactive.
- Ask for help if you get overwhelmed rather than slump into a funk. People care!
FRIDAY JEAN DAYS
New this year, Middle School and High School scholars can EARN jean days on Fridays.
Here's How it Works!
- When all middle school scholars (grades 6th - 8th) dress in the required uniform Monday - Thursday, including dressing out for PE, a Friday jean day is earned for middle school. Note: There can be no referrals in middle school for the week if jean day is to be earned.
- When all high school scholars (grades 9th - 12th) dress in the required uniform Monday - Thursday, including dressing out for PE, a Friday jean day is earned for high school. Note: There can be no referrals in high school for the week if jean day is to be earned.
NEW MS/HS SPIRIT T-SHIRTS
Judah Mascot Tees Available this fall for Middle and High Only.
FIELD TRIPS >> GOING PLACES
Field trips are an integral part of the curriculum. So, yes, Volcano Bay and Hockey Games and attending movies and concerts are educational at One School of the Arts.
A GLIMPSE AT FIELD TRIPS
- ROCK THE UNIVERSE >> 7th - 12th
- PONCE INLET>> 7th
- SOLAR BEARS HOCKEY EXPERIENCE >> 6th
- EPCOT >> 8th
- VOLCANO BAY >> 12TH
- PIGEON KEY >> 9TH
- ORLANDO SHAKESPEARE THEATER : HAMLET PLAY >> 7th - 12th
- PLUS MORE!!
(Note: trips subject to change)
OSOTA ON STAGE >> OPENMIC
OSOTA'S GOT TALENT
Open Mic is a weekly talent expose that lets you take the stage in front of a safe and supportive live audience. Some of our favorite school memories have happened at Open Mic. Scholars who swore they would never step foot on stage ended the year with an unforgettable performance met with cheers and hugs. We encourage you to participate in this unique part of our school culture. All talents are welcome-- from acting to singing to, uh....Mr. Seidel?! We all get in on the action. Come grow with us!