Warmups will be done in the middle soccer tennis court before the coaching sticks are placed. The students will begin at the boards then go to the far wall and back.
The first progression begins with quad stretches to the wall then calf stretches back to the boards.
The second progression begins with lunges to the wall then side lunges back to the boards.
The third progression begins with walking squat lunges to the wall then lunges with a twist back to the boards.
The fourth progression begins with header jumps to the wall then squat jumps back to the boards.
The structured activity for spatial awareness is soccer tennis.
Soccer Tennis Setup:
- ideally teams of 2, no more than 3
- place more advanced students in the smaller, middle court
- pair students with those near their skill level
- pair teams against those near their skill level
Soccer Tennis Rules:
- ball must go over the coaching sticks
- first team to 15 points wins
- soccer tennis is "positive point"
- points can be accumulated by: using 3 surfaces, using outside of the foot, using shoulder, heading, and completing pass to partner in the air
Progress the game by gradually adding each new opportunity to score a point. Spice it up by adding a "king court" for more competition.