The Government’s target for 135,000 Shared Ownership Properties to be built in 2016-21 part funded with £4.7bn for England (average £30k per unit) grant represents a quantum leap in Shared Ownership as a tenure and for the first time a major opportunity for house builders.
Shared Ownership has been developed since the 1970s often as a small element of S 106 intermediate provision. The current stock is c 170,000 units with an average landlord share of c 60%, almost exclusively owned by Registered Providers (RPs) with little secondary trading of retained interests. Funding has been provided under RPs corporate facilities (as part of the total £65bn), although some SO specific institutional debt funding has recently been raised.
- We can:
- Provide training and advice on all aspects of Shared ownership
- Bid for you
- Carry out market research and scheme appraisal on-line
- Provide a Sales and Marketing service
- Give Funding Advice and access to institutional funders
- Our Shared Ownership Legal and Mortgage Portal gives access to conveyancers mortgage advisers
- Introduce you to Registered Providers and Consortia