Events This Week:
- 17 PTSA Chipolte Dine-Out
- 21 Coffee with the Principal, Early Release - Students released at 12:25
- 27 Mid-Terms go home, RSF Performing and Fine Arts Ice Cream Social
- 1-5 Teacher appreciation week
- 2-4 Spring gifted testing
- 3 PTSA Gen mtg
- 4 5th grade WCMS Tour
- 5 Character Assembly hosted by kindergarten, Early release
- 8-12 PTSA Book Fair
- 9 Site Council, Gov. Brd Mtg
- 11 STEM Night
- 19 PTSA Panda Express Dine-Out
- 25 5th grade celebration
- 26 Last day of school
The Electronic Backpack provides you with a list of many activities and classes available for your child. From chess clubs to flag football, there are many opportunities to choose from.
Community Education Night-Protect Your Child's Innocence in a Digital World!
- Date: 05/03/2017 (Wed.)
- Time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm PDT
- Location: 4095 N 144th Ave, Goodyear, AZ 85395
- LINK to RSVP: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094faead2caafa7-protect
Digital Safety with Chris Panneton-Protecting Their Innocence in a Digital World
Western Sky Middle School is pleased to welcome back Mr. Chris Panneton as he shares valuable information to help us keep our children digitally safe. Please join us as we learn how specific apps can hide information, perpetrators can easily access personal information to exploit children, and inappropriate use of technology can result in criminal charges. This course will cover sensitive topics that include graphic information.
This workshop is FREE and open to the public. It is perfect for anyone who works with or cares for children. Parents, grandparents, and guardians are all encouraged to join. All participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course. Educators will receive 1.5 hours of professional development.
- Parents are encouraged to bring children.
- Childcare is provided for children potty trained and older.
- **6th to 8th grade students are welcome and encouraged to join his or her family in listening to the presentation.
- Snacks and water provided.
Being the parent of a young child is an important job, but it isn’t an easy one. To help parents meet the challenge, the First Things First Parent Kit is now available online at www.FirstThingsFirst.org/Parent-Kit