Small Business Recovery Grants Application Process Closing August 30
The City of Centennial will stop accepting applications for the Centennial CARES: Small Business Grant Program at 5 p.m. on August 30, 2020. Applications received prior to the closing will be reviewed in the order received. The City is in the process of developing an additional round of small business grants, tentatively scheduled to be available during the month of October. Specifics regarding this next round of grants are still being determined.
Centennial businesses are encouraged to visit centennialco.gov/caresgrants for up to date information on current and future grant programs.
Under the current program eligible businesses could receive up to $30,000 in two separate grants.. The Business Interruption Grant will be awarded at an amount up to $10,000 to eligible businesses for business operation expenses including, but not limited to, lease/mortgage, payroll, inventory, and supplies/equipment necessary to operate the business. The Business Infrastructure and PPE Grant will be awarded for up to $20,000 to eligible businesses for expense incurred or planned to facilitate compliance with public health orders. Expenditures may include, but are not limited to, building and property modifications, touchless payment systems, online ordering platforms, personal protective equipment, and safety training.
Home-based businesses are eligible for a $2,500 grant.
“Our businesses have experienced unpredictable and unprecedented impacts throughout these last few months. The City is pleased that we can assist in providing support to them through the CARES Act funding shared from Arapahoe County," says Centennial Mayor Stephanie Piko. “Our local businesses are imperative to the health and well-being of our community and Centennial is now able to respond to their need for financial support.”
Business Eligibility Requirements:
- Currently licensed with the City of Centennial
- Business license issued no later than March 1, 2020
- Physical address within Centennial
- Business is in good standing with the City of Centennial (tax returns, code violations, etc.)
- For-profit, privately-held business
- 1-100 full-time equivalent Full Time Employees (FTE) positions prior to COVID-19 pandemic
- Business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis
- Able to demonstrate economic injury of 25% or more in revenue loss during the COVID-19 pandemic and a need for a grant to help mitigate the economic injury
- Able to provide a total estimate of current and anticipated business losses (revenue and other losses) due to the pandemic.
The following list of business types are not eligible:
- National chains (exception: individually-owned franchises may qualify)
- Publicly-traded companies
- Businesses deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity
- Marijuana (medical and recreational)
- Sexually-oriented businesses
Prohibited uses of funds:
- Any expense not be considered an eligible business expense by IRS rules
- Wages to any member of owner’s family who is not a bona fide employee
- Charitable contributions
- Political contributions
- Draw or salary to owner that exceeded the amount they were paid on a weekly or monthly basis for the same period last year
- Pay down or pay off debt by more than required in underlying debt instrument
- Expenses that were previously paid for using Federal Small Business Administration (SBA) Payroll Protection Program (PPP) or Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Funds
- Franchise or royalty fees
For additional information on the application and the process visit centennialco.gov/caresgrants.
Apply Now: Innosphere Ventures accepting applications from science and tech startups to join the Fall Cohort!
Are you ready to learn valuable skills on how to access capital, acquire customers, build talented teams, plan exits and accelerate top line revenue growth?
Now is the time to scale your business in Innosphere’s upcoming Fall Cohort!
Innosphere Ventures is accepting applications from startups and emerging growth companies for the Fall 2020 cohort!
Why apply? Exceptional business support with experienced mentors is a critical factor that can determine if your startup will be able to make progress in a tough economy. This cohort program is specifically designed to provide science and technology companies with the needed mentorship to survive the economic fallout of COVID-19.
Entrepreneurs join Innosphere Ventures’ leading commercialization program to learn valuable skills on how to access capital, become investor-ready, scale their startup, prepare for an exit and accelerate top line revenue growth. From launch, to startup, to emerging growth companies -- Innosphere’s commercialization program is all about:
- 🤝 Gaining Customers
- 💸 Raising Capital and Exit Strategies
- 🚀 Connecting founders with experienced advisors, early hires, and corporate partners
- 📈 Building and Retaining the Best Talent
- 💡 Operational Excellence
If you're working through business challenges of launching a new business or bringing a technology to market -- this program is designed to help you turn your startup into a high-growth business and advance your technology to commercialization.
Virtual interviews happening now for the next cohort!
Application deadline: Wednesday, September 9th
For additional information on Innosphere Ventures and the Fall Cohort opportunity visit www.innosphereventures.org.
Learn About the New Energize Colorado Gap Fund
The Energize Colorado Gap Fund will provide more than $25 million in small business loans and grants to boost small business enterprises that are the economic engines throughout the state. Sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. The application is scheduled to launch this month and will be accessible through this web page.
Applications and awards will be conducted in rounds to allow Energize Colorado to provide assistance through December 2020. The process will not be first-come-first-serve, but rather will be a competitive process that will help those in need receive priority access to assistance.
Application period opens: August 31, 2020
General Business Resources
Aurora - South Metro Small Business Development Center | Business Licensing & Registration | Arapahoe/Douglas WORKS! | Arapahoe Libraries Business Support Services
WANT TO KNOW MORE? Contact Centennial's Economic Development Division
Neil Marciniak, Economic Development Director | 303-754-3351 | email@example.com
Stewart Meek, Economic Development Specialist | 303-754-3410 | firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Centennial, 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial, CO 80112 | 303-325-8000