Join yearbook or newspaper & be a part of a national award-winning publication!
- Attend local, state and national journalism competitions
- Attend Journalism Summer Camp in Orlando
- Win national and state awards
- Both look great on a college resume
- Get involved with your school
- Photograph sports from the Sidelines
- Learn design and photography with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom and Illustrator.
About the Program
Journalism 1 is the introductory level course for the Robinson journalism programs. Students will learn how to report, investigate, photograph, design and create. If a student has an interest in journalism, this course will give them a solid foundation.
If you’re interested in photography, design and reporting, the yearbook is a great elective option. Excalibur has won many state and national awards in its tenure at Robinson.
The newspaper staff runs both the website RHSToday.com and the print newspaper Knight Writers. The newspaper class meets first period.
RHStoday is the student run news site of Robinson High School and serves the students of Robinson, its staff and the surrounding community.
Knight Writers Newspaper
The Knight Writers newspaper has been a staple at Robinson since the 1960s. The newspaper is printed quarterly for the students and staff.
- Top 20 yearbook in Florida.
- 2021, 2020, and 2019 Yearbooks earned an All-Florida from the Florida Scholastic Press Association (FSPA).
- 2020, 2019 Knight Writers and 2020, 2021 RHSToday.com earned a Gold from FSPA
- 2021 Yearbook earned a First Class rating from the National Scholastic Press Association (NSPA)
- 2021 Newspaper earned First Class with One Mark of Distinction from NSPA
- Yearbook and Newspaper earned 11 individual All Florida award for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Online news site RHSToday.com is a past Pacemaker winner from NSPA, which means it’s one of the best news sites in the country.
- 2021 Third Place Florida Student Journalist of the Year
- 2019 finalist for Florida Multimedia Journalist of the Year.
- 2019 Newspaper Editor-in-Chief Alanna Felton earned the Richard Zimmerman Scholarship form the National Press Club. It’s awarded to one student in the country.
- Adviser earned a Rising Star from the Journalism Education Association, which means she’s one of the top young journalism advisers in the country.
- Two 2018 finalists (out of three) for Florida Writer of the Year.
- 2017 finalist for Florida Photojournalist of the Year.
- 2017 and 2015 winner for Florida Emerging Young Journalist of the Year.