In this lesson we will be reviewing the 7 elements of art. Learning the brush tool, shape tool, Type tool, Paint Bucket tool & color swatches in Photoshop. Rescue the knowledge we already have for Photoshop.
- Wacom Tablet (Optional)
Art Elements Scavenger Hunt
- In groups of 5 you will take part in a scavenger hunt to find and photograph all the 7 elements of art, for a total of 7 photos each.
- You will have 5 minutes for this scavenger hunt. You must stay on the 1st floor. Do not go outside or bother other classes.
- Record on the handout linked below a description of what you are photographing.
- Turn in all the photos and description page to Google Classroom.
3 Elements Picture
- Open photoshop.
- Create an 8" x 8" 300 resolution document.
- Choose 3 elements of art to create a picture on your canvas. Using only the brush tool, shape tool, paint bucket tool, type tool, and color swatches.
- Once you finish one picture pick 3 different elements and create another picture on a new layer in the same file. Keep this up till class ends.
- List the elements each picture is made of.
- Save the file as 3elements_lastnameFirstname.psd
- Turn the file into google classroom when you are finished.