- Prescription eyewear that is combined with a smaller telescope system. These eyewear lenses provide a general vision as the telescope helps by quick spotting details for the visually impaired patient. It can be assembled for both eyes or just one.
William Feinbloom, O.D., Ph.D. 1904-1985 Low Vision Pioneer, Inventor & the Pioneer in Bioptic Driving
How does it work?
- Only used to do quick spotting such as to read traffic signs or check a distant traffic light.
- Used just as the way we would look in the rear view mirror.
- The eye conditions that fit with bioptics involve loss of central or macular vision.
- The central vision aids in detail such as reading a sign or a traffic signal.
- VES- Sport
- VES- AutoFocus
- 5.5X Beecher Mirage
- The Politzer Telescopic Lens
- Focusable Galilean Bioptic
- Wide Angle