What is a Magnet School?
A magnet school is a public school offering special instruction and programs not available elsewhere, designed to attract a more diverse student body from throughout the school district.
Lakeside Academy offers a strong focus on Math, Science and Technology using project-based lessons and hands-on learning.
What Makes Lakeside Academy Special?
1. STEM Labs for all students
2. Computer Labs for all students
3. Two Pre-K Classes
4. Before and After School Care Available on Site
5. Instructional Coaches (Math, Literacy and Science)
6. Full Time Guidance Counselor providing character education to students in support of every family.
7. Afterschool Clubs & Organizations: Robotics, National Junior Beta, Bookworms, Primary & Intermediate Science, My Sisters Keeper, Destination Imagination, Media, Coding, Track
8. Great Community Partnerships: Public Education Foundation, TVA, EPB, FirstThingsFirst, IEEE Chattanooga Section, Brainerd Optimist Club, East Chattanooga Church of God, Northminster Presbyterian Church, Bayside Baptist Church, Terra Vista Baptist Church
9. Amazing Learning Journeys: Tellus Science Museum, Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX, Hunter Museum, Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center, Chattanooga Theatre Center
10. Fantastic teachers and staff dedicated to the success of every student and family!
How Do I Apply?
If you would like your child to become a Magnet Student at Lakeside Academy, please fill out your child’s application online. You can also obtain a paper application at the school board office or in our front office. You must fill out an application for each student.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, January 31.
There will be a drawing later this year for all applicants.
Pre-K Applications will take place April 5th.
Current Pre-K students at Lakeside Academy do not get to automatically come back next year. You must fill out an application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 423-855-2605 or LakesideInfo@hcde.org.