God's love is forever
God is forever. God's love, power, and life will never go out. It will shine on and on and on forever. Our lives here on earth have an end. Someday we'll die. That's not much fun to think about, but it's true. Our lives have a beginning and an end. But God never ends. God is forever. And the best part, our lives can go on and on and on forever too, in heaven! Because of Jesus, the light of the world, you can live forever!
Colors of the Week
Let's make a lantern to remind us that God's love is forever. Before we start, here's some other interesting information from Thailand that you can use to decorate your lantern. Each day of the week has a special color.
- Sunday: red
- Monday: yellow (In Thailand, the king was born on Monday, so when they celebrate his birthday every year, everyone wears yellow! Many people wear yellow every Monday too.)
- Tuesday: pink
- Wednesday: green
- Thursday: orange
- Friday: blue
- Saturday: purple.
Whatever day you were born on is considered your special color. When you decorate your lantern, choose a color that has meaning for you, like the day of your birthday, a favorite sports team, or something to remind you of God's love.
Make a lantern
You will need tissue paper, constructions paper, glue and tape for this craft.
• Choose a sheet of tissue paper and lay it out, so the shorter ends are on your right and left.
• Rub a glue stick over the construction paper strips and attach them to the top and bottom of the tissue paper.
• Carefully roll the tissue paper into a fat tube. Hold it in place while a friend staples the ends of the construction paper strips together at the top and bottom. (Be sure you’re pulling the tube tight so there isn’t a gap in the tissue paper in the center.
• Tape down the tissue paper seam.
Now you have a lantern that will always remind you that God's love is forever!
Dear God, thank You for your eternal power and love. Thank You for loving us and sending Your Son to die for us. Because of You, we can live forever. Remind us each day of Your forever love for us. Helps us to continue to learn more about Your amazing love every day. In Jesus name, Amen
See you next time as we explore more of Thailand and God's love for the world!
Lesson Credit: Lutheran Hour Ministries Thailand Trek curriculum. https://www.gospeladventures.org/curriculumthailand2021.asp