- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine and canapés
- Welcome dinner
- Farewell dinner
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
- Early and Late Riser breakfast
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
- Alternative light lunch or (weather permitting) grill fare at the Sky Bistro on the Sky Deck
- Daily four-course à la carte dinner in the main dining room
- Alternative dinner of petite portions or regional specialties with wines, in the Panorama Bistro
- Daily Afternoon Tea
- Daily Night Fare
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel
From morning breakfast to late-night snacks, Avalon frees your taste buds from the ordinary. Using the freshest local ingredients, our talented chefs prepare mouthwatering recipes from the region through which you’re traveling and present them in a variety of inspiring settings. Whether you choose a breezy al fresco lunch at the Sky Bistro, an elegant four-course dinner in the glass-walled dining room, or a petite plate at the Panorama Bistro, you’ll savor local flavors (and Western favorites should you crave them), as well as our Avalon FreshSM menu offerings, throughout your vacation.
River Cruise Vacation Excursions
Avalon's inspired, 360-degree, engaging cruise experiences afford travelers the chance to immerse themselves into a destination and culture thanks to award-winning land programs and world-class guides. Our Naturalists (in the Galápagos and the Amazon), Cruise Directors (in Europe and Southeast Asia) and special guest lecturers also offer them a vast onboard educational program, giving cruisers the chance to soak in the history and culture of a region as they drift from village to village or island to island. We transform tourists into travelers and storytellers and help them truly experience each destination with guided sightseeing in every port (complete with headsets), daily port lectures, VIP access into key destinations, no waiting in lines and great cultural immersion and storytelling thanks to highly skilled Cruise and Tour Directors.
Sightseeing at Just the Right Pace
Sightseeing should never be a one-size-fits-all proposition. Travelers like to see the sights in different ways, so we've developed three sightseeing pace options to choose from:
Leisurely Sightseeing: A Certified Local Guide shows you the destination's highlights in a relaxed and unhurried way.
Traditional Sightseeing: Led by a Certified Local Guide, you'll explore a wide range of sights at a moderate pace.
Independent Sightseeing: This allows you to explore on your own...see just what you want and at your own pace.
(Your cruise itinerary is new for 2017/18 and doesn't specifically follow the itinerary as lined out in the above video however, most of the high points are mentioned)
Day 1 Lucerne
Welcome to Lucerne! The remainder of the day is free to start exploring this delightful town on the Reuss River.