What Elements Can You Add In A Scrapbook?
1. Name Design
A name design is an image of your name written or drawn in an artistic style. The name design is also called name art design as it uses graphic elements & stylized text.
Add a name design in your scrapbook template. Use bright colors, threads, lace, glitter and even beads. Combine and mix different materials. Use only organic materials and eco friendly glue.
There are lots of cool ways to draw your name. You only need to find a text style for your name design.
These are just few of the text styles that you can use to write your name in a creative way:
- Calligraphy name
- Graffiti name
- Doodle name
- Tattoo name design
- Floral name design
- Monogram name
- Signature name design, etc
2. Word Coloring Pages
In a scrapbook you can add coloring pages made by your kids. Learn how to create your own personalized word coloring pages from this quick tutorial for beginners.
3. Photos & Photo Collage
A scrapbook is usually build around photos. In a baby scrapbook journal you can add funny photos of your baby. Make an interesting photo collage by gathering photos from special moments like birthdays, first bath, first day of school, first Christmas, etc.
Image Flickr: chris_hertel & familybees (Jenny)
4. Paper Cutouts
The scrapbook backgrounds are usually made using different types of paper, paper cutouts and other similar elements. Use magazine cutouts for example; they look great on scrapbooks.
5. Fabric & Textile
Image Flickr: chris_hertel & y ButterflySha
6. Organic Elements
Use organic elements like leaves, flowers, branches, dried fruit slices, pastas, etc.
How To Create a Scrapbook?
- Pick a Scrapbook Theme (Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, Baby, Travel, Food, School, Party, etc.)
- Choose the Paper and create the Background
- Sort Your Photos. Select several photos of one theme.
- Choose a Layout for the photo collage
- Choose a Focal Point Photo. Select one photo to be the main picture on your layout. Add the other Photos and arrange them
- Add Journaling. Add text that describes what is in the photos. Add a short description, write the date of the photo, etc.
- Add Embellishments.
Did you know that you can also make scrapbook online? Check out this scrapbook template that you can edit and customize online.
You just have to pick an online free photo editing software that has text, graphic elements and illustrations. You can use this tool as an online scrapbook maker.