The Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders is a CEO-led group committed to actively engaging in global efforts to deliver the Paris Agreement.
Climate change is one of the biggest global challenges that will shape the way we do business now and in the coming decades. The Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders, facilitated by the World Economic Forum, believes the private sector has a responsibility to actively engage in global efforts to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and to help lead the global transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy. This coalition further seeks to catalyze and aggregate action and initiatives from companies from all industry sectors — towards delivering concrete climate solutions and innovations in their practices, operations and policies.
Our Vision is to build an influential network of business and economic leaders from diverse industry sectors and regions, with the power to accelerate the pace of climate action within our value chains and in the markets in which we operate.
Our collective Mission is to accelerate climate action in our own organisations and in the economy as a whole. We will do this by:
- Setting targets for the rapid reduction of GHG emissions in line with the Paris Agreement;
- Disclosing climate-related financial risks and supporting the assessment of resilience to climate risks;
- Stimulating the scale up of financial instruments to accelerate investment into low-carbon technology;
- Driving the demand for, and development of, renewable energy sources, energy efficiency technologies, nature-based climate solutions and other low-carbon opportunities, such as the smart application of information and communications technologies;
- Advocating for governments to develop strategic agendas, supported by clear and consistent science-based targets, policies and robust tracking, analysis and reporting;
- Supporting ambitious carbon mitigation approaches, including carbon pricing.
The Alliance is open to all global CEOs from the World Economic Forum's member and partner companies. Each member company is invited to nominate a point of contact (Senior Advisor) to join the Senior Advisory Group for the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders and represent the CEO’s engagement in the initiative. The Alliance currently has over 70 members, with the aim to grow this to 100 members, with a focus on recruiting CEOs that will strengthen the sectoral and geographical diversity of the group.
The Alliance is the only CEO-led climate action initiative. This enables the group to play an influential role within the business community, their specific sector, and in engagement with government leaders and policy makers. The group is also unique in being able to utilize the World Economic Forum’s convening platforms, stakeholders and partners, to forward the climate action agenda. This is particularly important given the need for increased private and public sector collaboration to address climate change.
Joining the Alliance
The appropriate company representative is required to sign a joining form to confirm the CEO’s leadership on climate action and their support for delivering the Paris Agreement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Forum contact for specific questions.
Find out more: