Since Donald Trump is Pro-life on abortion, meaning supporting the belief that it is immoral for a pregnant woman to have the freedom to choose to have an abortion. He wants some sort of punishment for those who don't follow the law because he believes that abortion is murder.
* On the first day in office on Friday January 20, Donald Trump signed an executive order instructing federal agencies to minimize the burden of his predecessor’s signature accomplishment, the Affordable Care Act, pending congressional repeal.
Tom Price who is nominated as health secretary wants to take away health reform law. He blames Obamacare as a threat to quality and affordable healthcare. In 2015 Tom Price billed the Empowering Patients First Act that refunds tax credits to people who buy polices in the individual market. The tax credits would be given by age from $1,200 (age 18 to 35) to $3,000 (ages 50 and up).
Another part of the plan is to offer more encouragement for Americans to use Health Savings Account that includes a one time $1,000 tax credit for making contributions. Also, the tax exclusion on employer-sponsored plans at $20,000 for family coverage, and it allows insurers to sell coverage across state lines.
The changes Donald Trump will make happen will be:
1. Changing the tax code to allow individuals to fully deduct all health insurance premiums;
2. Allowing insurance plans to be sold across state lines, presumably increasing competition;
3. Ensuring price transparency for medical procedures and other health care costs;
4. Expanding access to health savings accounts that are tax free;
5. Turning Medicaid into block grants to states;
6. Allowing medications to be imported, creating more competition in drug pricing.
What do you think will be the impact of the new administration on your chosen area?
I think that the impact the new administration will have on health care will affect many people in this country based on the decisions he will be making, such as the poor because they can't afford the insurance and they usually go through a system to get the help they need. It will also affect those who need their own health insurance, as of right now people aren't on their own up to the age of 26, they are on their parents insurance.
www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/05453d9c-ade6-11e6-8f19-21a1c65d2043' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Other important iNfo:
On January 21st thousands of people, male and female, in different states marched protesting the policies Trump will soon make. Including many celebrities appearances that were made to also show support. It did not just happen in the USA, it happen all around the world, in Belgium, Cuba, China, India, Mexico, and many more. They marched for many reasons like civil rights, abortion, immigration, LGBT, and etc.