1050 Hamilton Avenue
This home recalls the early Craftsman heritage of Palo Alto and has been remodeled with chic sophistication, attention to detail and quality. Its fully shingled exterior, brick and stained glass accents, and the redwood grove setting is a rare and inviting offering in the heart of Community Center on the edge of the Crescent Park neighborhood. Introduced by hand-crafted front doors, the foyer overlooks a central atrium designed around a magnificent oak tree. Hardwood floors and matching millwork, along with redwood paneled walls in the formal dining room maintain the home’s original character, now complemented by crisp white walls and designer lighting. The living areas are completely open and flowing for today’s style of living, and true divided light floor-to-ceiling windows and French doors present the wooded views and fill the home with natural light.
The kitchen is beautifully remodeled with Calacatta marble and oil-rubbed bronze fixtures that add designer style. Ample space for everyday living or casual dining extends beyond the center island, and abundant built-ins add functionality here and in a sizable walk-in pantry. The home’s 3 bedrooms and 2 baths begin on the main level with a bedroom that opens to the atrium and a remodeled bath in Carrara marble with classic clawfoot tub. Ascend a wide spiral staircase to the upper level where 2 additional bedrooms, one with gas fireplace and spacious dressing area, share a remodeled bath with hammered copper tub, large shower, separate vanities, and limestone and slate finishes.
Adding to the accommodations is a detached two-room studio with one area designed for fitness, with its fully mirrored wall and cushioned flooring, and the other offering flexibility for office, hobby, or play needs. Numerous skylights and tall vaulted ceilings enhance the spaces. Rounding out this very special home is an upstairs laundry area, gated off-street parking, and enchanting gardens as well as its premier location just blocks to shops and restaurants on University Avenue and access to acclaimed Palo Alto schools.
Summary of the Home
- Premier Community Center address just blocks to University Avenue shops and restaurants
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and built in 1973 with acute attention to detail
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Central atrium designed around a heritage tree
- Living room with fireplace and adjoining formal dining room paneled in redwood
- Remodeled Calacatta marble kitchen and family room/casual dining area
- JennAir gas cooktop, oven, and refrigerator plus Bosch dishwasher
- Main-level bedroom and remodeled bath with classic clawfoot tub
- Two upstairs bedrooms, one with fireplace and each with access to a remodeled bath with hammered copper tub, shower, and two vanities
- Detached two-room studio with fitness center and space for office, play, or hobbies
- Gated driveway
- Sun and shade gardens amid towering redwoods and oaks
- Nicely sized 6,652 sq ft lot and 2,182 interior square feet
- Excellent Palo Alto schools
- Close to Stanford University and Sand Hill Road venture capital centers