Phase 1A Village Entrance Project Work Substantially Completed
Parking Lot 10 Key Project Achievements:
- Completed hardscape improvements including curbs, gutters, permeable decorative pavers, and asphalt pavement
- Installation of storm drains, water quality basins, and irrigation north of traffic signal
- Inspection and planting of box trees at site to complete lot landscaping
43 New Box Trees Planted Since September
- Parking Lot 11 (the lot located nearest to Laguna Canyon Road at Forest Avenue) will close for construction from January 22 until the end of May 2019
- As a result, the left turn lane into Lot 11 from Laguna Canyon Road will also be closed. Therefore, access to Parking Lot 12 (Lumberyard Lot) will only be available from Forest Avenue
- Public parking will be available in the new Parking Lot 10 (adjacent to Art-A-Fair) and street parking will be available for the weekly Farmer's Market
What is a Caisson?
In geotechnical engineering, a caisson is a watertight retaining structure used, for example, to work on the foundations of a bridge pier, for the construction of a concrete dam, or for the repair of ships.
These are constructed as such that the groundwater can be pumped out, keeping the working environment dry. The hollow cylinder sunk into the ground is then filled with concrete, thus forming a foundation.
Meet Your Village Entrance Project Director: Thomas Perez
Thomas Perez is a Project Director for the Laguna Beach Department of Public Works, and manages the day-to-day operations of the Village Entrance Project. He holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration and has over 18 years of experience including the cities of Irvine and Santa Ana.