weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Thanks to all of you for a great first semester. We wish you a safe and happy holiday season! We look forward to seeing everybody back on January 7th, 2019 which is a gold day.
2. January Snow Make-Up Day & E-Learning Day Information: These two days will differ a little in their set-up due to one being a scheduled e-learning day and the other being a snow make-up day. Please see the letter below from Dr. Olin for specifics.
3. Camp Invention: The 2019 camp will be July 15-19th at J.B. Stephens Elementary from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per child is $230. The camp is for children entering grade K-6. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Ms. Amanda Bradford at email@example.com.
4. ILEARN (Replaces ISTEP) Statewide Readiness Test: MIS will participate in this mandated state activity on January 23rd, 2019.
5. 2nd Semester Menus
6. Breakfast & 2 Hour Delays: In the event of a 2 hour delay this year, breakfast will not be served on these days. This is due to the fact that upon student arrival our lunch staff will already be in the process of prepping lunch.
7. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
8. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"When my son had to miss 2 days within the first week of school for an illness, Mrs. Knecht-Strong was very understanding. He felt that he fit right in when he returned. We were so thankful for the warm welcome!"
"Mrs. Best goes above and beyond to help my daughter. She finds ways to connect with the kids to develop a trusting relationship and help them enjoy each day at school. I am so grateful for her!"
9. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Carley K., Josie K., Paige F., Evelyn S., Stella W., Rowan K., Kerrigan S., and Gwenyth B.
10. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
11. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
December 24th-January 2nd: Winter Break
January 7th: School Resumes
January 10th: PTO Meeting - 2:30pm (Library)
January 17th: Stretch Begins
January 31st: K-Kids Meeting (7:30am)
January 31st: Hoops for Heart (2:15pm)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY