The Imminent Threat
- Our culture has shifted from Hero-Centric to Victim-Centric. People no longer say with aspiration, "She's my hero, I want to be like that!" Rather, they look at those who are struggling and say, "Well, at least I'm not that bad."
- In our competitive world, engagement is no longer enough.
- Social media gives people the illusion that they are connected and having fulfilling relationships.
- However, at both work and home, people are more disconnected, discouraged, and disengaged than ever.
The Tremendous Cost
- Dysfunctional teams lead to increased turnover.
- When resources are scarce, those who become disengaged consume more resources.
- Disengagement costs the US up to $605 Billion each year!
Customer Satisfaction Declines
Research shows that when your teams are burned out:
- Errors increase.
- Interactions suffer.
- Sales decline.
- Morale evaporates
- Productivity drops
The Complex System
This isn't going to be easy. People are struggling to learn to thrive in our rapidly paced world. Loneliness is at an all time high globally. Leaders need the tools to teach them how to rapidly adapt while building a vibrant team.
It's Not About Engagement
There's been a lot of talk about engagement. Common engagement tools such as the Gallup Q12 primarily measure how people "feel" about where they work. Engagement is no longer enough. In order to make a lasting difference, it is going to take a lot more than just feelings.
Change is impossible without investment, vision, and ownership
To be successful in this high-pressure environment, teams need to be invested. To thrive in these turbulent times, people need to approach their work with sense of ownership and vision. We need people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and make an impact. Ownership requires the right mindset.
“I was, quite simply, on the edge of my seat during the entire talk.” -- Sue Cadwell, RN, AVP Pediatrics & Obstetrics, HCA
Forged in the trenches of some of the greatest international disasters of our time, Dr. Diamond’s insights equip leaders to overcome tremendous pressure and make an impact when it matters most.
Ponder this: How would the teams look in your organization if, rather than being burned out, they were on fire! If rather than complaining they took ownership and overcame obstacles when times got tough.
With jaw dropping stories from the global disaster scene, Dr. Diamond's keynotes reveal the strategies he uses to get work done when it matters most. With the right mindset and trench-tested tools, people renew their passion, roll up their sleeves, and make a difference that impacts teams and transforms culture. Without the right mindset, programs and policies will not lead to lasting change. It used to be all about resilience. Now it is all about unstoppable performance based on the Thriver’s Mindset .
Participants come away with:
- Practical tools to avoid burnout and stay engaged despite tremendous pressure.
- Insights how to transform “victim” team members into fully engaged and productive team members.
- The mindset that will equip teams to create a culture of heroes.
- New insights that strengthen the junctions between teams and transform culture.
This hands-on workshop equips leaders with practical tools to solve problems under pressure when resources are scarce but results matter. Learn how disaster professionals rapidly respond to get meaningful work done when the infrastructure has collapsed and resources are slim. This customized workshop is not a workshop filled with fluff. Get ready to dig in and prepare to learn.