This week we continued reading, "Woods Runner." This novel does a great job integrating the fictional story of Samuel with non-fiction elements that show the students what life would have been like during this era. Samuel is using his survival skills while searching for his parents.
This week we have been working on word problems. We have been focusing on reading the question thoroughly to determine what the problem is asking. Some problems involve multiple steps so we are trying to determine what to do first. We have also reviewed division. Our Unit 6 test will be next Tuesday.
This week we started our Unit on the human body. Our first lesson was on the skeletal system. The students watched a song on the computer about the bones, to help remember the location, what bones are made of, and how many bones are in the human body. We will continue to learn the different systems in the body.
PARCC testing will begin next week. You will be receiving a letter home today with more information. Our schedule will be as follows:
- Thursday March 9th - Math Units 1 & 2
- Friday March 10th- Math Units 3 & 4
- Monday March 13- ELA Unit 1
- Tuesday March 14- ELA Unit 2
- Wednesday March 15- ELA Unit 3
- 2:00 Dismissal Friday March 10th
- Family Reading Night- Thursday March 16th 6:00-7:30
- Spring Break Monday March 27th- Friday March 31st