Pathfinders is a mentoring opportunity for first-time attendees to the ASIP Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology. This program was created to offer guidance and build camaraderie between ASIP trainees and regular members and offer guidance to trainees who attend the meeting without their institutional advisor. By leveraging the guidance and expertise of current ASIP members, this program will allow trainees to be introduced to the Society on a more personal level, and to maximize their conference experience.
What can you expect from your mentor?
- You will be notified about the mentor pairing and will be given your mentor's contact information
- You will have a certain time frame to contact your mentor before the annual meeting
- You and your mentor can decide how frequent or in what way (via phone or e-mail, etc.) communication will occur before the annual meeting; at least one e-mail communication prior to the meeting is required
- You and your mentor are required to meet at least once face to face at the meeting
- Attendance at the graduate reception/session with your mentor will be required as well so we can take a picture
- You will also be asked to complete a write-up of your experience to be published in the Trainee Newsletter after the annual meeting