In This Haunting Issue...
- Spooky Recipes Unit members share eye-poppingly delicious snacks
- E-Resources News And a very scary sighting
- Chilling Reads Hispanic horror, suspense, & mystery
- Collection Updates Collection maintenance progress and Pop Lit reminder
- Gov Docs October And a throwback costume
- Scholarship Check out the GLC poster sessions by our unit members & upcoming presentations
Make these just as you would regular deviled eggs but add a few drops of green food coloring to the filling. Use a toothpick to apply red food coloring for the bloodshot veins, and an olive for the pupil!
Wondering what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy? Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose or preferred gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 0.75 cup dark brown sugar
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-ounce package of small peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone mat. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until light brown around the edges (12-15 minutes). Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Enjoy ravenously. 🍪🧛♀️
We're almost finished reviewing and processing the renewals for our individual serial titles! Thanks to our Acquisitions colleagues who made the thorough first pass through the list, and to our Selectors that reviewed the titles we pulled out for additional investigation. Once processing is complete an announcement will be sent with more information about the titles that we renewed and cancelled.
The reference weeding project is progressing smoothly and is on schedule.
We have put selecting titles for the Popular Literature collection on hold for this academic year. However, we're still happy to take recommendations for Popular Lit titles and will save them until the time that we begin ordering books for this collection again. Send an email to email@example.com with your recommendation.
Non-Partisan Voting Information
GODORT's Voting and Elections Guide Toolkit has reference guides for each state as well as numerous links to other useful voting information.
BallotReady is a resource for researching all the candidates on your ballot. It has info about federal, state and local candidates, as well as the constitutional amendments up for voting for in Georgia. It also has links to candidate websites and social media pages so you find out even more. It also allows you to print out or email a sample ballot with your choices.
Georgia Votes is a great website! It gives statistics on how many Georgians have voted or requested absentee ballots and comparisons to 2016 statistics.
If you'd like a smartphone app to preview the elections and candidates that will appear on your ballot, check out Ballotpedia -- a "digital encyclopedia of American politics and elections."
CDU Members Present
Congrats to our GLC presenters and our own Heather, who coordinated the effort to host GLC's poster presentations on the Digital Commons!
- Laurie, Shannon, Tomeka and Shelby presented "All Hands on Deck: Developing a Job Shadowing Program in Collection Development"
- Sam presented with Manda, Jennifer C., and Matt F. for "Everybody in! And We Mean Everybody: Ink and Professionalism in Libraries"
Laurie will have a poster at the Federal Depository Library Conference along with Valerie Glenn (Head of the Map & Government Information Library at UGA) titled "Past, Present, Future - Georgia Depositories on the Path to Collaboration." The conference will be held virtually Oct. 20-23 & is free to attend. Registration info and the conference program are here: https://www.fdlp.gov/2020-fdl-conference
Created with images by Taylor Rooney - "untitled image" • David Tomaseti - "untitled image"