- I am 20 years old
- I am from Pageri Village, South Sudan, 2018 - but have spent most of my life in a refugee settlement in Uganda
- I am a member of the Madi tribe. 2018 - "Since last year I have learned that through diversity, love can easily be promoted throughout the nation."
- My core values that define me are determination, confidence and faith
- My biggest challenge has been lack of funds to pay for school. I want the supporters of LASS to know that they have restored my hope of becoming someone influential in my country South Sudan. 2018 - I came across someone on the side of the road who had been stoned to death."
It is my hope that South Sudan will develop like other countries – especially the United States. My core subjects are mathematics, economics, geography and information communication technology. The teachers have helped me to identify my academic potential though their guidance. The discipleship classes renew me both spiritually and mentally. I am enjoying learning more about Jesus every day. When I am not studying, I enjoy playing football, reading novels and singing. One of my favorite novels is Cry the Beloved Country.
2018 - LASS is training me to develop and maintain personal integrity. My care group has helped me to be a good steward because of the responsibilities and having to learn the values of team work. I have grown spiritually by attending bible sharing and I also grew academically through the lessons I attended and the discussions with friends.
"My dream is to go to the university to become an accountant and I would really like to study in the United States." - Monica, July 2017
My Vision For The Future
- 2018 - I want to be someone influential in my country, South Sudan
- I plan on graduating from LASS in 2018
- I hope to see South Sudan become peaceful so that it can develop and grow like other countries
- I want to demonstrate good leadership skills to everyone that I come in contact with, especially my South Sudanese community
- I hope to complete a university degree in accounting, then I will be ready to work and be productive member of society