This project is lead by Valentine Goddard, a lawyer, mediator, inter-arts curator and artist. She is the founder and executive director of AI Impact Alliance, an independent non-profit organization operating globally, whose mission is to facilitate an ethical and responsible implementation of artificial intelligence. AI Impact Alliance has a deep network in the field of the Arts, AI and AI ethics here in Canada and around the world.
She is a member of the United Nations Expert Groups on The Role of Public Institutions in the Transformative Impact of New Technologies, and on a “Socially just transition towards sustainable development: The role of digital technologies on social development and well-being of all”. Ms. Goddard sits on several committees related to the ethical and social impact of AI, contributing to public policy recommendations related to the ethical and normative framework of AI, while being regularly invited to speak at international conferences.
In her multidisciplinary and applied approach to the ethics of AI, she places special emphasis on human dignity, having initiated throughout her career cultural and social mediation projects for human rights education. She is a board member of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Your generosity can successfully help us complete the Art + AI Interactive Gallery and Magazine.
The Art + AI platform emphasizes the key role the Arts have in the future of AI.
Artists, cultural workers and creatives leaders can, and are:
• Contributing to the Transparency of AI by facilitating an ongoing informed, inclusive dialogue about AI and its implications for all communities.
• Helping citizens understand algorithmic logic and the implications of AI technologies, both potential and risks, and envision our futures.
• Acting as a driving force towards informed and legitimate AI policies, and contribute to democratic processes in the adoption of ethical and regulatory guidelines about AI’s development and governance.
• Assisting the progress of a societal growth that is necessary to keep up with the rapid implementation of AI in everyday applications. For example, the most important skills of the future are creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
• Shaping the use of AI towards improvements in human rights by engaging diverse publics on issues such as gender bias, racial profiling, surveillance.
The recommendations in the Art Impact Report resulted in international public policies underscoring the important role of the Arts in Digital Governance.
Drop me a line if you'd like to receive a link to these publications.