RISING TO THE CHALLENGE
The then-ranked #25 UChicago Volleyball Team kicked off last week by celebrating senior Frances McDonald (see above) with a big win over Wheaton, then SWEPT through the first UAA Round Robin, going 3-0 with a huge 3-1 upset over #3 Emory Oct 1.
The Maroons entered this week at #16 with the release of the Oct. 3 AVCA Top 25.
- Friday, Oct. 6: #16 UChicago vs. Otterbein, 5 PM CT, at Elmhurst Quadrangular.
- Saturday, Oct. 7: #16 UChicago vs. Elmhurst, 12 PM CT, at Elmhurst Quadrangular.
SEPT. 28 RESULTS : UCHICAGO 3, WHEATON 0
SEPT. 30 RESULTS: UCHICAGO 3, BRANDEIS 0 / UCHICAGO 3, ROCHESTER 0
#1 WOMEN'S SOCCER
After obtaining the No. 1 ranking last week, the UChicago women's soccer team remained unbeaten with a gritty 2-1 win over Wheaton and then topped Rochester 3-0 to kick off UAA play.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4 : Kalamazoo at #1 UChicago, 4 PM, Stagg Field
- Saturday, Oct. 7: Emory at #1 UChicago, 1:30 PM
SEPT. 26 RESULTS
SEPT. 30 RESULTS
The Maroons returned home to Stagg Field for a HUGE win, exploding for 55 points in Saturday's victory over Cornell College.
UCHICAGO 55, CORNELL 10
The Maroons offense exploded for 37 FIRST QUARTER points en route to a huge win over the Rams to improve to 2-2 on the season.
- Rookie QB Campbell Garrett threw for 253 yards on 11-of-19 passing with three TDs and zero interceptions.
- Chandler Carroll had a crazy first quarter, recording 148 total yards and rushing for three TDs to kickstart the Maroon offense. He finished with 136 yards rushing 36 yards receiving.
- Dante Nepa led the receiving corp with three catches for 92 yards, his biggest a 70-yard TD in the second quarter. Teammate Trevor Anderson also had a big grab, a 71-yard TD catch in the first frame.
- Jackson Ross had nine tackles, Henry Winebrake had eight and Ryan Montgomery added seven tackles to lead a defense that held the Rams to just 10 points.
NEXT GAME (MIDWEST CONFERENCE DIVISIONAL OPENER)
Saturday, Oct. 7: Lawrence at UChicago, 1 PM CT
The doubles duo of Tyler Raclin & Jeremy Yuan took home the ITA Central Regional title, defeating Washington-St. Louis in a three-set thriller.
It was Yuan again who took the singles title Tuesday, defeating UChicago teammate Erik Kerrigan in three sets in a nearly three-hour match.
Yuan and Raclin, now ITA All-Americans, advance to the national field to compete in the ITA Oracle Cup in Rome, Ga., Oct. 12-15.
- Oct. 12-15: UChicago Men's Tennis at ITA Oracle Cup, Rome, Ga.
SEPT. 29 RESULTS: ITA DAY 1
SEPT. 30 RESULTS: ITA DAY 2
OCT. 1 RESULTS: ITA DAY 3
OCT. 3 RESULTS: ITA DAY 4
WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY
The Maroon women's cross country team, ranked #6 in NCAA Division III, captured its second meet of the year with a dominant performance at the Midwest Intercollegiate Sept. 29 hosted Olivet Nazarene.
Saturday, Oct. 7: UChicago at Lucian Rosa Invitational, Kenosha, Wis., 10 a.m.