Good People, Good Horses, Good Horsemen. We build personal and lasting relationships through honesty and transparency in all dealings; living and practicing the philosophy of the Agency's founder, Joseph Lannon Taylor, who inspired horsemen to always find a better way. We treat customers and team members like our own family, inspiring people to seek to be part of our culture which sees each person through an eternal perspective.
SOPHIE P (GB)
2013 Bay Mare • I/F to Frankel (GB)
Bushranger (IRE) - Fountains Abbey (USA)(2005)
Sophie P is by a grandson of the breed-shaping Danehill, a horse inbred 3x3 to Natalma, the dam of Northern Dancer. When we look at the pedigree of Nazoo – third dam Sophia P, we see that she not only goes tail-female to Natalma’s dam Almahmoud, but is inbred to 4x3 to that very important mare, those strains coming through Natalma and through Cosmah, the dam of Halo. Sophie P’s maternal grandsire, Giant’s Causeway also has a double Almahmoud via Northern Dancer/Natalma and Cosmah/Halo.
Although she is open to a wide variety of mates, this pedigree would make Sophie P a particularly intriguing mate for Halo line stallions either through Sunday Silence/Deep Impact or More Than Ready. Or, given the success of the sire-line over Danehill line mares, Sadler’s Wells line stallions would also appeal, a notion given added force by the fact that Divisidero, a multiple grade one winner from this family, is by a grandson of Sadler’s Wells.
A tough consistent runner in the United Kingdom, Sophie P left there in peak form, having scored back-to-back victories on her last two starts. In North America she gained grade one honors with a brave victory over three-time group and graded winner Madam Dancealot in Gamely Stakes (G1), with those behind also including graded winners Madame Stripes, Mopotism, Beau Recall, Midnight Crossing and Hawksmoor. Her other credits include a second in the Rothesay Stakes, and a third in the Yellow Ribbon Handicap (G3).
SHANG SHANG SHANG (USA)
2016 Bay/Brown Filly
Shanghai Bobby (USA) - Yankee Victoria (USA)(2005)
Undefeated winner of the third fastest G2 Norfolk Stakes ever.
Wesley Ward's fastest juvenile Royal Ascot filly: faster than Lady Aurelia, Acapulco and Jealous Again.
Faster over Royal Ascot's five furlongs than great King's Stand winning mares Cassandra Go, Lochsong and Habibti.
Beat winners of the Richmond, Molecomb, Rockingham and National Stakes at Royal Ascot and won on debut beating the future winner of the $500,000 Kentucky Downs Juvenile Turf Sprint.
Five-furlong Royal Ascot winners make significant broodmares: in the last 20 years, their immediate descendants have won or placed in: Champion Stakes, Eclipse, Dubai World Cup, Queen Anne, Lockinge, Prince Of Wales's Stakes, Oaks, First Lady, Tattersalls Gold Cup, Matron, Sun Chariot, Sussex, Prix de l'Opera, Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf, Yorkshire Oaks, Nassau, Irish 1,000 Guineas, French 1,000 Guineas, Moyglare Stud Stakes, Breeders' Cup Turf, Rodeo Drive, British Champions Fillies & Mares, Prix Marcel Boussac, Irish Champion Stakes, Prix Robert Papin, Flying Childers, Richmond, Vintage, Moresbridge, Celebration Mile, May Hill, Chesham, Curragh Stakes, York Stakes, Molecomb, Anglesey, Debutante, Sapphire, Summer Stakes, Prix Minerve, Arlington-Washington Futurity, Prix Daphnis... and the Norfolk Stakes.
Vice President of Marketing and Public Sales Operations
Mark is the youngest of the Taylor brothers. He graduated from Clemson University in 1992. After working for Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally in California as well as Satish Seemar in Dubai, Mark returned to Taylor Made full-time in 1994. Mark became Vice President of Public Sales in 2000. Mark married his wife Julia in 1997 and they have been blessed with two boys, Christopher Walker (2000) and Joseph Lannon Taylor II (2003).
- Favourite sports teams? Clemson Tigers and Kentucky Wildcats
- Favourite horses? Roaring Lion and Unbridled’s Song
- Most memorable moment in the business? Seeing Havre De Grace and Songbird sell for $10,000,000 and $9,500,000 respectively
- Favourite movie / food? American Hustle / Italian
- Favourite racetrack? Saratoga
- Hobbies? Music and Clemson Football
- What would you be doing if not in horse business? Anything entrepreneurial....I love serving customers and building a great team
- First job? Picking up rocks aged 5!
Investing and Recruiting Analyst
Phillip grew up in Lexington, and developed a passion for horse racing and handicapping while attending the Keeneland race meet with his father. He began working the sales for Taylor Made in 2004 as part of a co-op programme in high school. When Medallion Racing started in 2016, Phillip was the ideal person to lead this new partnership. His passion for racing and dedication to customer service have helped drive the Medallion Racing experience, and success of the horses purchased on the track. Phillip lives in Lexington with his wife Taylor.
- Favourite sports team? Chelsea FC, Los Angeles Dodgers and University of Kentucky
- Favourite horses? Frankel and Giants Causeway
- Most memorable moment in the business? Walking over from the backside with Sassy Sienna for this year's KY Oaks is something I will never forget. There are 130,000+ people at Churchill, and was an atmosphere unlike any other
- Favourite movie / food? Favourite movie has to be the Godfather, and favourite food is anything grilled
- Favourite racetrack? Santa Anita
- Hobbies? Cooking, watching sports, growing vegetables
- What would you be doing if not in horse business? Teaching middle school and coaching youth swimming
- First job? Giving swim lessons