Ms. Heugh’s Weekly Specials
Mondays - Music 9:05-9:55 & Computers 2:30 – 3:20 Tuesdays - PE 2:10 – 3 Wednesdays - Art 10:45 – 11:35 Thursdays - PE 2:10 – 3 & Library Check-Out 3:05 – 3:25 Fridays - Spanish 10:45 – 11:35 *LUNCH 12:05 – 12:40.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- October 18th - UNIT 1 - Math Assessment
- October 19th - PTC Meeting - 6:30-7:30 pm
- October 20th - Mid-Markings sent home.
- October 23rd - October 27th - Make a Difference Penny Drive
- October 25th - Picture Re-Takes
- October 25th - Trunk or Treat 6:30 - 8:30
- October 27th - Halloween Classroom Party 1-2 pm
- October 27th - Halloween Parade - 2:15
- October 31st - Orange and Black Day
- November 1 - Afternoon Conferences (1-4 pm) Half Day for STUDENTS.
- November 2 - Afternoon and Evening Conferences (1-8 pm) Half Day for STUDENTS
- November 3rd - Half Day for STUDENTS and TEACHERS
- November 6th - FUN RUN and FUN RUN Assembly
- November 7th - NO SCHOOL
- November 8th - Half Day for STUDENTS
AGENDA/PLANNER -Please remember to look over and sign daily. - Ms. Heugh
SPELLING - Word Sort - MORE Long 'e' words. The students will complete a word sort in class weekly, as well as 2-3 additional spelling activities during CAFE. Tests on Fridays:)
MATH - The students have been working to solve word problems that involve either one step or two steps. We are using KEY WORDS to help us determine what operation would be most effective for solving problems. Unit 1 concepts have been 'in review'. Our Math assessment is tomorrow, Wednesday, October 18th.
OBSERVE! QUESTION! INVESTIGATE! ANALYZE! DISCOVER!
SOCIAL STUDIES - The students are taking notes and completing FIVE THEMES of GEOGRAPHY lessons that, at this point, have focused on LOCATION: Relative and Exact, as well as, PLACE: Natural and Human features of an area. The students used magazines to gather and cut examples for a SORT. We have used Michigan to create lists and examples of each category. The students will be using their notes to create a POWER POINT presentation of the FIVE THEMES of GEOGRAPHY, beginning Friday..
READ TO SOMEONE
CAFE CENTERS - Centers continue to provide opportunities to practice writing, reading fluency and reading comprehension!!