- May 31 - Science Center Field Trip - Students will need to bring a disposable lunch (w/drink) and wear their grade level tshirt.
- June 1 - JAPAC Field Trip - (make up day) - 9-12. Wear grade level or navy shirt please.
- June 2 - PJ and Movie ( ... as voted on for earning 300 class points!)
- June 5 - Wax Museum research and presentation materials due. A note, with regard to the expectations and grading system, were sent home last week. Presently, most students have selected their leader, have been approved, and are strongly encouraged to begin their research and display board at home, completing a small amount each night to avoid last minute anxiety.
- June 7 - Students will be presenting their Wax Museum project for a second time, today! Be sure to 'dress' for the presentation.
- June 8 - Cultural Day - See note sent home today! This day was ORIGINALLY June 9th, but due to Field Day, I bumped it up one day;)
- June 9 - Field Day - Upper Elementary is participating in our activities in the afternoon. All parents are welcome to join us outside for games and fun!
The students this past week worked to publish their end of the year narrative writing prompt! In addition, they worked to research a country that immigrated to the United States and create a poster within cooperative teams that displays 'push and pulls', early experiences, etc. These will be presented to the class this week and the students will take notes on each presentation.
This week, the students will finish their note-taking on the five migration groups: The Westward Movement, The Underground Railroad, The Orphan Train, The Great Migration, as well as the Native American Removal. In addition, they will learn about primary and secondary sources of communication. They will have an open-notes quiz on Friday. Next week, we will wrap up our Human Geography unit with Cultural Day, June 8th. See note being sent home today.
The students took their Unit 7 assessment today! We have been reviewing for the past week in class. Assessments will be sent home this week. Report cards assessments will be administered, bit by bit, throughout next week. Unit 8 secure goals will only be assessed, rather than a separate Unit 8 test, like for past units.
Our spelling for the year has come to an end! The most recent test will be graded and sent home this week.