Friends, Family & community Always!
“It is a tree of life to all who grasp it, and whoever holds on to it is happy; its ways are ways of pleasantness, and all it paths are peace." (Proverbs 3:17-18)
Sharon Fricano - Education Director
May We All Be Inscribed in the Book of Life
- Religious School is off to a great start! The students enjoyed our first day of school scavenger hunt and many of our parents attended the parent orientation. Thank you to Brotherhood and PTA for providing our orientation breakfast.
- October will be a busy month for our school as we continue to celebrate the High Holidays, hold our first Junior Congregation Service, decorate our Sukkah and Consecrate our new students.
- We invite the entire School to join us on October 20th for our Simchat Torah/Consecration Celebration! We will begin with a Dinner at 5:30pm (see flyer in parent orientation folder for how to make reservations) followed by our Family-Friendly Simchat Torah Service at 6:30pm.
- The following new Temple Tikvah Religious School Students will be Honored/Consecrated: Kindergarten - Owen Baker, Brandon DeZorett, Bailey Faulkner, and Spencer Stern • 1st Grade - Matthew Golbig and Zachary Strobel • 2nd Grade - Josslyn Albert, Charlotte Faulkner, Jeremy Heron, and Will Spiegelman • 3rd Grade - Jaci Gries • 4th Grade - Eva Spiegelman and Abigail Wainberg • 6th Grade - Jacob Wainberg
- Please join us in welcoming the Gluzand-Escobar, Spiegelman, and Wainberg Families to our School!
- October's Schedule: October 5th – Junior Congregation at 9:30am • October 6th – Religious School Committee/PTA Meeting at 9:30am • October 9th – Yom Kippur (Parallel Program for Grades 3 - 7 at 11:15am and Community Family Service at 1:45pm) • October 11th – Congregational Dinner at 6:15pm and Post 7th Grade Family Service at 7:30pm to decorate the Sukkah • October 13th and October 20th – Religious School Closed • October 19th – Bless the Animals Havdalah at 5:30pm and Teen Program at 7:00pm • October 20th – Simchat Torah Pizza & Pasta Dinner at 6:15pm and Service & New Student Consecration at 7:30pm • October 27th - Religious School Parent Program at 9:30am
Wishing everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year!
Nuccia Hernan - Early Childhood
“May it be Your Will, Eternal Our God, That This be a Good and Sweet Year for All of Us”
- The fall season is a colorful and busy time of year as we observe Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot and Simchat Torah with our Families and Temple Community. Early Childhood has many fun programs scheduled for the month of October for the youngest members of our community.
- Join us on Sunday, October 13th for our fun Sukkot Program. Help us decorate the sukkah, share a light lunch with friends and family, shake the lulav and etrog with the Rabbi and singer fun songs with Cantor Guy. The Program is from 12:30pm – 1:45pm and reservations are required.
- Our first Saturday morning workshop will be on October 19th. The theme of the workshop is “Dinosaur Shabbat”. Create your own dinosaur that you can invite to your Family Shabbat. This Program runs from 10:15 - 11:45am. As in the past the Program begins with a Saturday Morning Shabbat Service and is followed by a light snack. As always, get ready to help Rabbi Sheinberg name the characters in one of her great stories AND do not forget to bring your beautiful singing voices to help Cantor Guy!
- I would like to take time out to thank all of the wonderful volunteers who helped to make the September 7th Havdalah Program such a wonderful success: Cantor Guy, Daniela Printz, Sharon, Victor, Brian and Logan Kahn and Melissa Gluzband-Escobar.
- Detailed flyers will be sent to you shortly. If you are not on our email list please contact Shari Rotstein at ECP@templetikvah.org to be put on the list. For all other Holiday Temple Programs please contact the Main Office.
- If you have not received the 2019 - 2020 Program Schedule please contact us at ECP@templetikvah.org. Our Programs are free however, to ensure that we have adequate supplies on hand please register by contacting the above email address.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and wish all a happy, healthy, and peaceful new year…Shalom
Shavua tov to All!
President - Marc Gold
Happy New Year!
- As October draws upon us, we can say once again for the zillionth time, Brotherhood manned the front door and welcomed Temple members and guests for Rosh Hashanah and will also for Yom Kippur. Of course we also checked tickets. My crew loves the opportunity to greet and wish everyone a L'Shana Tovah. It is so nice seeing those who do not come regularly, but make the effort to come and pray with us at this time of year.
- Brotherhood finally had its welcome back BBQ for our members in September! We had a very nice gathering for this special dinner/meeting. Getting together with the “boys” once a month to eat, drink, and discuss the latest Bro News is always wonderful (even if I do talk a lot), yet we do share thoughts and ideas to make Brotherhood an everyday word around Temple.
- October will bring Brotherhood together on October 15th (subject to change) at Hurricane Grill & Wings in Garden City for our Annual Paid-up Membership Dinner. Please join Brotherhood, so that you can join us - on us. What a deal! Of course, we also need your support. Please send in your dues in as soon as possible.
Let Us All Enjoy The Holidays and Support Our Temple!
The Bros Are Back!
Created with images by 1966666 - "baby fertility children" • FotoRieth - "challah shabbat challah board" • hurk - "star of david star symbol" • KRiemer - "bouquet flowers bouquet of flowers" • Federico Respini - "untitled image" • Adi Goldstein - "untitled image" • exoteric - "sundial clock old"