- Tuesday, Sept. 12: UChicago at Illinois Wesleyan, 7pm CT
- Friday, Sept. 15: UChicago vs Concordia-Moorhead (at Eau Claire, Wis.), 5pm CT
- Saturday, Sept. 16: UChicago vs Gustavus-Adolphus, 12pm CT; UChicago at Wisconsin Eau-Claire, 2pm CT. (at Eau Claire, Wis.)
The Maroon volleyball team put together a strong showing in its home opener (s) Sept. 9, topping both Carthage (3-0) & Dominican (3-1) to improve to 5-1 on the season!
SEPT. 9 RESULTS
UChicago 3, Carthage 0 | UChicago 3, Dominican (Ill.) 1
Full recap video with post-game interviews from Audrey Scrafford & Emma Griffith in below video!
Senior Khia Kurtenbach had her second-straight Top 3 finish in Saturday's Vic Godfrey open in Somers, Wis., leading the Maroon women to a third-overall placing.
- The UChicago women scored 99 points to take third place in a field that featured four NCAA Division I teams and three Division II teams. Marquette won the event with 28 points and Northern Michigan took second with 99.
- The Maroons had three runners in the top 30: Khia Kurtenbach (third), Kelsey Dunn (20th), and Emma Dyer (27th).
- Kurtenbach's 17:51.7 5K time was just .2 seconds off the second-place finisher Jennifer Parker (17:51.5) of Marquette and four seconds off the winner, Jessica Parker (17:47), also of Marquette.
Underclassmen again led the way for the Maroon men's team, as Ryan Cutter (15th) was the top finisher to lead UChicago to a fifth-place showing in a strong 8K field at the Vic Godrey Open Sept. 9.
- Freshman Ryan Cutter was the top overall finisher for the men, recording a 8K time of 16:13 to place in the top 15.
- Sophomore Ralph Patejunas (24th, 26:30), freshman Charles Gardner (31st, 26:43) and sophomore Joe Previdi (35th, 26:49) were the next three finishers for the Maroon men's squad.
- Saturday, Sept. 22: UChicago at Augustana Invitational, 5pm CT
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 : Carroll (Wis.) at #3 UChicago, 7pm CT, Stagg Field.
- Saturday, Sept. 22: #3 UChicago at MSOE, 4pm CT
The #3-ranked UChicago Women's Soccer team remained unbeaten with two more convincing wins, topping Concordia (Wis.) 4-0 in the Maroons' home opener and then defeating a solid Illinois Wesleyan team on the road, 3-1.
- Sophomore keeper Katie Donovan improved her record to 4-0 with both wins in goal for the Maroons. She carries a 0.40 goals against average in 225 minutes played.
- Freshman Katie Jaminski scored again this week, notching the game's second goal in UChicago's win over Concordia. She has two goals and an assist on the year.
- Jenna McKinney (3), Adrianna Vera (1), Madori Spiker (1) and Kelsey Moore also notched goals for the Maroons last week. McKinney leads the way with four goals on the year.
The Maroons defense made some incredible plays -- including a game-high five interceptions -- but WashU was able to outlast UChicago in a 28-12 loss in St. Louis Sept. 9.
- Freshman Ryan Montgomery proved to be a monster for the Maroons' defense, recording two interceptions and 14 tackles and teammate Peter Casey had a solid nine tackles -- including SIX for loss -- and a sack.
- Andrew Beytagh, Zach Atiyeh, and Bill Rotnicki each had one interception apiece to account for the rest of the Maroons' five interceptions in the game. Five was just one off the record of six for interceptions in a game, set by the 1987 Maroons in a game against Lawrence.
- Jamie Rieger had nine catches for 68 yards, Andrew Falk had four catches for 33 yards and Sharad Crosby brought in six catches for 33 yards to lead UChicago's pass catchers.
- Campbell Garrett went 23-42 with 137 yards and 2 INTS and Brian Collis was 6-12 for 70 yards to lead the Maroon quarterbacks.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 23: UChicago at Illinois College, 6pm CT
- Wednesday, Sept. 13: #9 UChicago at Loras College, 7pm CT
- Saturday, Sept. 16: #9 UChicago at Aurora, 2:30 pm CT
Men's Soccer continued its dominant offensive play last week by exploding for 10 total goals in two victories, topping St. Norbert 7-1 & coming back in the second half to win at Carthage, 3-1.