Come join North America’s premier timber engineering and construction company!
StructureCraft specializes in the structural engineering, design, fabrication, and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete, and other materials. We work with clients and architects to create carefully detailed buildings and bridge structures that break new ground in sophistication, craftsmanship, and quality. We thrive on new and challenging design concepts, materials, and construction methods. StructureCraft enjoys pushing the boundaries in complex geometry, digital fabrication, and in material testing and research, and our work in this regard has been recognized internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber engineering and construction.
StructureCraft is seeking Structural Drafters/BIM Technicians to join our design team to work on some of the largest mass timber projects across North America. As we provide structural Engineer of Record services, structural drafters and BIM technicians play a key role in our organization, acting as the hub of design information from the architect and our own structural engineering team. Creating structural drawings which are both beautiful and technical is our passion – and communicating these structural concepts is key to our business model, working with some of the world’s top architects. We use Revit to create our consulting phase 3D models and drawings, which then move directly to our fabrication software for further detailing including shop drawings, and our installation drawings. Rhino is used during our concept phases for design iterations on simpler structures, and is used for end-to-end project delivery for freeform structures.
- Develop and prepare models/drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD
- Ensure that the structural model aligns with the standards and goals set in BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Collaborate and coordinate internally or/and externally with other disciplines design-changes and model changes.
- Design for fabrication – we build everything we design
- Production of detailed structural drawings for approval, engineering, and production
- Continual improvement of design & drafting process to improve efficiency and reduce design cycle times
- Maintain and push forward a high quality of drawing standards – we take pride in the presentation of our drawings and designs
- Manage and prioritize tasks to meet scheduled deadlines
- Maintain and grow construction industry technical knowledge
Who will you be working with? You will be working with many of our staff, but reporting to our 3D Design & Drafting Manager.
When will you start? Summer 2020
This is a permanent full-time position, located at 1929 Foy Street, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6B1. We offer a benefits package that includes 3 weeks vacation, extended medical, life insurance, disability insurance, and a matching RRSP program after 2 years employment.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.