WHAT IS IT?
The Structure Scanner is a mobile device that is cable of 3-dimensional scanning of people, objects, and spaces. It can also provide mixed reality experiences.
Learn more at the Structure website.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT?
With the Structure Sensor you can do rapid 3D scanning of objects, people, and spaces. After rendering, these models can be 3D printed or even placed in virtual worlds.
TRY IT YOURSELF!
- Grab the iPad with Structure Sensor attached.
- Press the home button to unlock iPad and click on the Scanner app.
- Before beginning, adjust the sizing square to completely cover the size of what you plan to scan.
- Press scan to start and the same button to stop and finish up.
- Enjoy your scan and try sending yourself a copy to your personal email (illinois.edu email addresses will not work).