Describe the mentality of an obese person in your own words.
Why do you think that people let their weight get so out of hand?
Obiesity is a disorder involving excessive body fat that increases the risk of health problems.
It is very common and there are more the 3 million cases a year only in the US
The Intensity Process:
- Eating can become an addiction
- Sometimes it is not a choice for certain people
- People may cope with pain by eating
- Some people may not realize that if they eat unhealthy for a certain time, it could lead to being a bigger problem
- Obesity is different for all people
- It is hard for everyone to lose the weight and eat healthy again
This is a big problem because it increases health risks such as..
- heart disease
- some cancers
- gallbladder disease
- gout (a disease where defective metabolism of Uris acid causes arthritis, especially in smaller bones)
- apnea (temporary cessation of breathing, especially during sleep)
People should be informed of this because so many people accept the they are overweight, but in the end that could be the thing that could end your life.
- Obesity can lead to many diseases
- The foods that people consume are not good for people, they usually contain mass amounts of sugar and sodium which can damage your teeth tremendously
Although there is not a lot of evidence to support the theory, some researchers say obesity is linked to eye diseases such as..
- glaucoma (a series of diseases that cause blindness), cataracts (cloudy eyes)
- diabetic retinopathy (A complication of diabetes that affects the eyes)
- age-related macular degeneration (An eye disease that causes vision loss)
It will become harder to do everyday things such as running, and lifting up heavier objects because of all the excess fat building up around your muscles and suffocating them.
Mind and Spirit
Many people with obesity are more likely to struggle with depression and anxiety than healthy people.
- Obesity can damage a persons fertility.
- Obese is different from being overweight.
- 2.5 million die every year from being obese or overweight.