The main idea of the program is to prepare young people (<30) to be changemakers, designers and leaders in the regenerated areas. Our program is based on real cases, practice and building experience. During 12 months of intensive, educational and practical workshops, we will design and implement three services supporting the urban renewal by social inclusion.
You will learn
- what is Service Design Methodology and social inclusion
- how to design and implement social project
- how to make your solution more sustainable
- how to work in an interdisciplinary and international group
- how to engage local society in regeneration process
- 5 days of workshop in Siemianowice Śląskie, Poland - "Social Inclusion in regeneration", November 2019
- 5 days of workshop in London, Great Britain - "Service design in the regeneration process", February 2020
- 5 days of workshop in Copenhagen, Denmark - "Sustainable business models", April 2020
- 5 days of workshop in Siemianowice Śląskie, Poland - "Implementation of a service supporting the regeneration of the Palace in Siemianowice Śląskie", June/July 2020
- 5 days of workshop in London, Great Britain- "Implementation of a service supporting the selected regeneration case in London", September 2020
- 5 days of workshop in Copenhagen, Denmark - "Implementation of a service supporting the regeneration of the historical police station", October 2020
During each meeting in Poland, Great Britain and Denmark we will be visiting and discussing case studies of selected regeneration areas - with practitioners!
The recruitment of 18 people (< 30), 6 people by each country, will start in October 2019.
Last year we organized international conference and service design workshop "Co-design your P(a)lace". The event became a prototype for the CHANGEmaker program. More information you can find here: https://www.codesignyourpalace.com/
CREATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SOCIAL SERVICES
We focus on real needs.
That is why we decided to answer the challenge of selected regeneration places which need our support! We will be working with real people, in real places, on real problems, and with real managers or leaders who are responsible for the particular regeneration processes. Each group will implement one solution in Copenhagen, London and Sieminawice Śląskie.
Service design doing
Based on Service Design Methodology you will create and implement solutions designed by people, with people and for people!
Learning by doing
We strongly believe that the best practice is learning by doing - you will certainly not miss this in our program!
Building your real experience
You will build your experience by implementing solution that supports regeneration process. Thanks to that you will enrich not only your portfolio, but also your knowledge, insight and community.
By taking part in our program you will participate in the creation of the impact handbook. The content of the publication will consist of:
- tools we used
- case studies
- described solutions that we will be designing during the CHANGEmaker program
- model of involving young people in regeneration processes designed by us!
- bio of Changemakers that will take part in.
An international conference summarizing the project will be held in November/December 2020. During the event, solutions designed by Changemakers will be presented, as well as a handbook written by participants.
Train the trainers
As part of an international conference, we will train you how to be an animator who involves young people in regeneration processes using service design tools.
Sharing good idea
After our program, we would love to share our results and experience! We will encourage you to share your new skills with your local community.
We would like to share everything that will be happeninig during our program using educational platform. Every tool, good practice, any small discovery or improvement will be spread through our online platform. Be a part of a good e-changemaker movement!