- This mostly takes place for farming reason
- There are three main reasons to use deforestation farming, food and cattle grazing
- To have more beef or meat for the cattle that is raised
- people are getting houses
House's in south america giving people a place to live
Cattle grazing where trees used to be
They took out the trees because people are starving
- Poor farmers migrate to agricultural lands
- Without trees the agriculture is washed away
- It can happen in 3 years
- They have to move because they are broke
- They leave the soil to re grow
- It could take up to 50 years to grow back
- People destroy it for cattle grazing
- The chemicals they use to kill pest and other animals hurt surrounding areas
- The rain washes it away into the river killing fish
- buildings are being put up and the soil is being destroyed
Solution- my solution is called the great escape it is a Fenced in area of 100,000 acres for all of south america’s animals .
Mongabay. "Why Are Rainforests Being Destroyed?" Mongabay.com. N.p., 24 June 2004. Web.Mar. 2017.
Jordan, Leilani. "Deforestation in South America." Gapyear.com. N.p., 09 Dec. 2006. Web. 09 Mar. 2017.
Deforestation in South America - Infogram, Charts & Infographics." Infogr.am. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2017.
"Quantifying the Drivers of South American Deforestation." CIFOR Forests News Blog. N.p., 15 Dec. 2016. Web. 17 Mar. 2017.
"Deforestation in South America." Maps of World. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Mar. 2017