After 14 long years of being in school you come to the day you’ve been waiting for. A day you thought that wasn’t coming any time soon. Graduation is a ceremony that recognizes students that have excelled through school. After many sleepless nights of homework and studying Graduation comes within a blink of an eye. Many people have experienced the overwhelming excitement that you feel as you approach high school graduation day. You do your last pledge allegiance and sing your last star spangled banner as a senior. There is an amount of emotions that you feel. There’s more about the reality of graduation day, once it passes you start a new chapter of your life. High school is supposed to be the place you have fun and you make memories. It’s a time in your life where you begin to experience the kind of freedom that comes along with growing up. It takes a lot of time, effort, and determination to accomplish that goal. You take your next step towards your future and your desired dreams. You began encountering ups and downs and some mentally prepare you for the next step of your journey.
Before it started getting packed
I asked some seniors what they thought about senior year and how can you overcome the obstacles the year brings or how to mentally prepare yourself.
During the pledge of allegiance
- Advice- don’t fall behind and do not procrastinate, do your work because it’s not that hard
- My favorite part- meeting new people everyday
- Least favorite part- having to say goodbye and letting go the teachers you got close to.
- Wish I could’ve done better- involved more and not have messed up during freshman year
Adriana Bernal walking the stage
- Advice- make sure you’re always on track with all the requirements, don’t be left behind
- Favorite part- the memories created with the people that mean the most to me
- Least favorite part- senior project and having to say goodbye
- Done better- involved more, wanted to be known by everybody