Founded in 1915, private liberal arts university with global reach
Home campus in Webster Groves, MO with additional campus locations Downtown, Westport and WingHaven and robust online offerings
Residential campuses on 4 continents and in 8 international locations
More than 120 undergraduate program offerings
We've been on the scene since 1915, and online since 1999.
We now offer 4 distinct modalities for taking coursework:
- Face to face lecture or lab
- Remote and WebNet+ (synchronous)
- Online (asynchronous)
- Hybrid (mix of the above)
Ranked #15 in 2021 U.S. News & World Report College Rankings (Midwest Regional University category)
Also recognized as "Best Colleges for Veterans", "Top Performer in Social Mobility", "Economic Diversity Top 25" and "Best Value School" in 2021 Rankings
Honored for 4 consecutive years by Phi Theta Kappa as a Transfer Honor Roll University
Named among the top universities in Missouri (#2) for earning a top degree at an affordable price
Ranked as one of the best universities in the country for student engagement by The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings
Named one of top institutions for graduating low-income and black students with less debt (Degrees with Less Debt, St. Louis Graduates)
DISTINCTIVE ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
At Webster, we offer more than 120 undergraduate programs across 5 distinct colleges and schools. You can start to explore what we offer now-- you'll find everything from Accounting to Wig & Makeup Design.
College of Arts & Sciences
Our students in this diverse community of scholars learn not what to think but how to think, gaining the ability to apply their intellect, curiosity and global consciousness to make a positive impact on the world.
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Exercise Science
- Criminology, Legal Studies
- English & Creative Writing
- History, Political Science, and International Relations
- Languages & Transcultural Studies in French, German, Spanish
- International Human Rights
- Nursing (BSN Completion)
- Religious Studies
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Most Bachelor of Arts degrees require an international language
- Undergraduate research is emphasized and internships are recommended
- New Interdisciplinary science building boasts 27 labs, including Anatomy lab, Kitchen lab, Qualitative & Quantitative lab for social sciences, and Research lab
- Self-Designed Interdisciplinary Studies and General Studies options for a major
Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts
College led by renowned artists, dedicated to helping students find their own inspiration and passion for the arts and honing their craft.
- Art, Design and Art History
- Conservatory of Theatre Arts
Admission for Fine Arts programs require audition, portfolio review, and/or interview
Evaluation of incoming transfer credit into the major is determined through the portfolio/audition process.
George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
In the Walker School, we are educating the world's future leaders with a global perspective.
All programs in Departments of Business and Management are accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Cybersecurity program was recently accredited by National Security Agency and the Dept. of Homeland Security (1st private, non-profit in MO to attain this distinction)
- Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance
- Human Resource Management, International Business Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Management
- Computer Science & Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Mathematics
Walker EDGE provides additional resources for internships, mentor connections, professional development, and networking events
Walker Global Hybrid courses combine online coursework with a one-week immersive travel component
We offer a dedicated, secure lab for cybersecurity students
School of Communications
Offers programs covering a wide range of communication specialties; curriculum integrates theory and practice, emphasizes experiential learning, promotes creative thinking and incorporates global learning experiences.
Students work with professional-grade media equipment right away and graduate with a professional portfolio in hand.
Audio Aesthetics & Technology
- Audio in Media Arts
- Sound Recording & Engineering
Communications & Journalism
- Advertising & Marketing Communications
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Sports Communication
Electronic & Photographic Media
- Film, Television and Video Production
- Film Studies
- Games & Game Design
- Interactive Digital Media
- Heavy emphasis on professional portfolio development and internships
- Facilities were renovated to include new, interactive & state-of-the-art labs and studios
- Student media includes: The Journal student newspaper, The Galaxy radio, The Ampersand magazine
- Special events offered for SOC students include Communication Careers Week and Media Academy
School of Education
A community of educator-scholars who apply critical reflections and creative energies to enhance learning in schools and other educational settings.
Our vision is to empower students to become effective, innovative and empathetic educators and practioners.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education with Teacher Certification
- Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies (also online)
- Accept Associate of Arts in Teaching degree
- Accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Individualized programs of study for each student
- Makerspace for Education: media creation, coding, design, 3D printing, robotics, etc.
- Student Literacy Corps, Sustainability Institute, special short-term faculty-led study trips
100% of our students participate in research, internships, or capstone projects.
Webster University takes a very hands on learning approach. It's not just about boring classroom lectures, we want students engaged in real life conversations about things that are happening now and learning how that will impact them for years to come.
2,400 undergraduate students from 36 states and 65 countries
Diversity and inclusion are core values, and globalized curriculum is our distinctive hallmark.
Average class size is 12-15 students with a 9:1 student to faculty ratio.
Every student is valued and respected, and professors know you by name. Webster is not a place where you can get lost in the crowd, but a place where you'll be challenged, a place where you'll create meaningful and lasting relationships with faculty and peers alike.
Our students are involved and want to make an impact on the world.
- 70+ Clubs and organizations to explore and become involved in
- We've had many transfer students from STLCC hold offices in Student Government and create new clubs
- 7 Residence facilities, including traditional residence halls and apartment-style
- 7 International campuses to study abroad
Applicants will have their application files reviewed individually to ascertain the fit between prior educational accomplishments and established academic expectations at Webster. Most often, transfer students admitted to Webster will have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
For the fastest consideration, apply online at applywu.webster.edu/apply. In order to take full advantage of financial aid and scholarships, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible, sometime in the year prior to transfer. We do not have an application fee at Webster University for our undergraduate applicants.
All transfer applicants must submit transcripts from all institutions in which credit was attempted. A high school transcript is required for applicants with less than 30 college credit hours.
DID YOU KNOW?
Webster and STLCC have a dual admission partnership for nursing students, so that if you are pursuing an associate degree in nursing at STLCC you can apply for admission to Webster as soon as you start your nursing program at STLCC! It takes all the guesswork out of your transfer plan for earning your BSN, connects you with Webster staff and faculty sooner, and opens the door to services at Webster while you are still a student at St. Louis Community College.
Merit Scholarship reviews occur automatically at the time of application review and do not require a separate application. These range from $8,000 to $15,000 and based on your incoming cumulative GPA. An additional $1000 is automatically stacked on for PTK members with proof of membership.
In addition Webster University has several competitive scholarship programs in which you should look into immediately to ensure you meet the deadlines.
- Phi Theta Kappa Distinguished Achievement Scholarship ~ Full-Tuition award
- Chancellor's Transfer Scholarship ~ $20,000 award
- Leadership Scholarship ~ $2,000 stackable award
CONNECT WITH US TO LEARN MORE!
We offer transfer information sessions Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. In these 1-hour sessions we discuss the admission and transfer process, transfer scholarships, campus life, and have time for Q&A.
Set up your visit with Webster University today! Visit us at webster.edu/visit and select the option that works best for you. We offer personalized one-on-one visits with transfer admission counselors. Prospective students are also welcome to meet with a member of our faculty to discuss their major of choice or a specific department member if you have questions about support services.
Want to learn even more and enjoy hearing from a student panel, department directors, and faculty in more of a group setting? Join us for a Webster Preview Day online. Visit webster.edu/previewdays to get more details and register to attend! We call them Webster Week with a kick-off on Saturday with everyone, and then if you are interested in more detailed information about your major and meeting the faculty from that department we will host a a session for college the following week. We'd love to have you join us!
- Kickoff Saturday Oct. 10 with Academic Events Oct. 12-14
- Kickoff Saturday Nov. 7 with Academic Events Nov. 9-11
- Kickoff Saturday Dec. 12 with Academic Events Dec. 14-16