- POWERS & ABILITY
- They get there power from the constitution
- Have power to borrow money if taxes and tariffs raised are not enough to fund government
- They have the power to change and make new laws
- They have they ability to impeach a president can force resignation of anyone in the government who has broken a law.
- They also have the power to establish and maintain a myriad of government institutions including the post office and the road system.
This branch is made up of the House of Representatives and the senate.
The legislative branch is the only one branch that can have the power to create and change existing laws.
I believe the legislative branch is powerful because it enacts legislation and has the right to declare war if the need arises. It also the authorization to approve or reject any presidential appointment and other investigative powers. This branch also originates spending bills and approving treaties.