"They are teacher's pets, and they are generally in higher level classes and easy to talk to, like sociable. They are always hanging out in the auditorium."
"Talented and people have really high expectations for them, and they kind of seem like they're better than everyone else because of that high expectation."
"They're talented, they're creative, they work hard at what they do, and have a select group of friends."
"I feel like they're very outgoing and have good relationships with their teacher and peers. I feel like they do well academically, and that they're funny."
"They're pretty outgoing and talented, and they're expected to be the mood maker in situations."
How does being labeled a Theater Kid influence one's standing on the social ladder?
- Although a few negative connotations are associated with theater kids, such as arrogance and being teacher's pets, their positive characteristics, like talent and intellect, surpass them.
- Theater students are diligent and willing to put in the extra effort to achieve high grades, yet also know how to balance their social life.
- While they remain closely knit fellow theater students, they are generally friendly with everyone.
- They tend to be skilled in initiating and maintaining conversations. Their creative skills are useful when trying to make friends, while their is rarely the fear of awkward silence. This ease of sociability allows theater kids to climb up the social ladder.
A category that I would fit in: Honors/A.P. Students
- I have always put pressure upon myself, and felt pressure from peers and family members, to excel academically.
- My greatest source of anxiety stems from whether I have failed to meet the expectations of others, especially my teachers.
- I feel pressured to remain studious, serious, and calm. Yet earning an A requires time and effort, and often comes with stress, frustration, and feelings of inadequacy.
Despite meeting the some of these expectations, being an A.P./Honors Student does not take into account other aspects of my personality.
- I love to create art, whether it's drawing, printmaking, taking peculiar photos, or painting my nails - when I have the time.
- I love animals, despite the fact that my black clothing will always be covered in cat fur.