What to expect on your first day
- You'll be given an Employee ID badge.
- You'll be given a parking access card, if applicable.
- You'll be shown how and where to find your roster and start times. Your roster will be available via our rostering app (for smart phone users), our employee kiosks and are also posted in designated locations for easy reference.
- You'll be taken to the Scheduling Office to set up your finger scan, if applicable.
- You'll visit our Wardrobe team to have a uniform ordered, if applicable.
- You'll be given an overview of your induction and training plan and shown where to access the information and tools you'll require in your job.
- Your manager will cover any policies or procedures that apply to you.
Scanning in and out of your shifts
Your manager or 'buddy' will show you where and how to scan in and out of each shift. It's important to note that, in order for us to ensure your pay is accurate and timely, you must scan in at the beginning of your shift and out at the conclusion of your shift as close as possible to your start and finish times. If you don't do this, you will not be paid for that shift until further information is received by our Payroll team.
If you realise you haven't scanned in or out for your shift, notify your manager as soon as possible. A Payroll Adjustment Form with the correct information needs to be completed and signed by your manager. This form then goes to Payroll who will include your payment in your next pay.
In the unlikely event of an emergency, you will need to find out whether you're required to report for work and any specific instructions for employees in your department.
You can find our this information by calling 0800 759 463 or by visiting www.skycity.co.nz/emergency